PDA

View Full Version : engine brackets

nateftbl
05-20-2003, 06:50 PM
I was looking at my 89 250r today and saw that on top, near the back of the engine there is like a little bracket looking thing with a hole though it. there is also a bracket that is bolted(maybe welded) to the frame right under the seat, that lines up with this hole on the engine bracket(im not for sure if it is a actual engive bracket maybe just some kind of extension) so my question is..... Is there supposed to be a bolt though this?? is this an engine bracket on the top of the engine?? thanks for the help and i would post a pic of it but it says the pic is too big. thanks

310Rduner
05-20-2003, 08:16 PM
not 100 % sure excatly what your talking about, but off the top of my head it sounds like you're talking about the headstay maybe? it is the headstay if you are referring to the hole on the cylinder head. if so that is where it mounts, and that bracket is held to the frame by 4 bolts, right below the gas tank and seat.

if thats not what your talking about ill have to go look at my bike.

nateftbl
05-21-2003, 03:53 AM
well shoot, i wish i could draw a pic on here. :) right off the top of the cylinder there is a bracket looking thing going up and toward the rear of the bike. there is also a bar going down from the frame and these line up perfectly. they have a hole right though them like a bolt supposed to go there. I dont know? :confused2 well thanks for the help anyway wish i could explain it better.

Pappy
05-21-2003, 04:26 AM
sounds like a headstay to me. as far as i know it should be used...although im sure someone will say different....and if so tell me why:confused:

05-21-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
sounds like a headstay to me. as far as i know it should be used...although im sure someone will say different....and if so tell me why:confused:
yup, if its stock use it .. make sure all bolts all torqued to proper specs..

310Rduner
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
thats deff your headstay, and you deffinately want a bolt goign through that.... pick one up from www.servicehonda.com look for it under oem hard parts, then 250r and find what looks to be that bolt.