PDA

View Full Version : hidden kazaa folders?

BlazingYamahaYz
05-20-2003, 03:56 PM
hi...i need some help....i had kazaa for a while(i paid for it, believe it or not), but anways, i cant stop the pop ups, is there any way to go and delete them? like is there something installed on my computer now that i have to get rid of? any help would be appreciated, i already deleted all the folders with/relating to kazaa.....

Black400
05-20-2003, 04:18 PM
go to your c drive, then to program files, and in there look for a folder called save or save now and delete those two folders, but make sure that kazaa is all the way shut down and not runing at the time or it will not delete!

05-20-2003, 05:01 PM
since when do you have to pay for it? i have had it for 3 years and never paid for it

310Rduner
05-20-2003, 06:23 PM
download adaware from cnet, will kill any and all programs slipped into your comp from kazaa. when i got it, it scanned 80,000 files and found 200 hidden programs fro ads and crap

Mxbubs
05-20-2003, 07:01 PM
I agree. Download ad-aware, or spybot from downloads.com.

Let them both do searches.

Dump your cookies, and delete suspicious looking programs in your internet explorer folder. You are looking for a folder named "downloaded program files".

Delete anything in there you dont recognize.

You have a trojan bug running it sounds.

To be really sure, go to your start tab, click run. Type MSCONFIG, when that pop ups, go to STARTUP and uncheck the EXE files that run on startup that look like they are adware crap.

Good luck.:D

blondie69
05-20-2003, 11:33 PM
u must have kazaa lite or something? if your paying for it. And thats supposed to be like....pop up free :confused: but anyways. ya, go to www.downloads.com and get some spyware

y2k400ex
05-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Kaza it nothing but ads and spy ware, I installed it and my firewall went nuts withe all the hidden programs that were trying to access the internet and also the amont people trying to access my computer. It basicly opens you computer to any one,trust me your sharing allot more than just that shared folder :devil. If you get the Kaza Lite all thst stuff has been removed I have had no problems at all:D

400exBro
05-21-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by y2k400ex
Kaza it nothing but ads and spy ware, I installed it and my firewall went nuts withe all the hidden programs that were trying to access the internet and also the amont people trying to access my computer. It basicly opens you computer to any one,trust me your sharing allot more than just that shared folder :devil. If you get the Kaza Lite all thst stuff has been removed I have had no problems at all:D

listen to him... i had over 200 spy ware softwares on my computer from kazza, it toatly destryoed it, we brought to a professional and had it fixed he said that there were files damaged by hackers and other things... the only reason why no one stole stuff off of here is becuase i have dail up and it takes to long to access my computer.... i suggust you get a good virus scanner and the spy ware programs... a fire wall helps out a lot too..

forum
05-21-2003, 07:03 AM
i have kazaa lite. but i have mad spyware from some other source. maybe someone did it when they were on my pc. Now my pc is totaly screwed. it still works but all sorts of crap just pops up. I've done everything to try and get rid of it. adaware and like 5 others like it. or go into program files ect. it fixes it for a bit then a few hours later its back to being screwed. I personaly don't give a damn if hackers hack me. I aint got nothin they want. and if they screw up my PC. i'll just format my drive and start over again. I hate adware. I think it should be ilegale just like a virus because it really is a virus, just in an other context. If i met some jerk that made the adware on my PC i'd give him a faceful of fist. then do a burnout on his face. haha:devil

Black400
05-21-2003, 07:04 AM
definatly download kazaa lite and run it and delete the original kazaa

FastByDesign
05-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by blondie69
u must have kazaa lite or something? if your paying for it. And thats supposed to be like....pop up free :confused: but anyways. ya, go to www.downloads.com and get some spyware

I have kazaa lite and i dont get popups:D

BlazingYamahaYz
05-21-2003, 10:06 AM
ok...i am under control panel,. did a search, and now there are a bunch of results....there is 4 different "save" programs/wahtever, and the folder is C:\Program Files...should i delete them? i just want ot make sure before i delete it in case its not it...and they all have the company WhenU as their company...thanks guys, i really appreciated it:)

Mxbubs
05-22-2003, 07:54 PM
You guys need ad-aware.

Do a search in C drive for sqwire or gatortalk or bonzi buddy.

Talk about a load of ad crap.:D

My philosophy "if you dont know what it is, delete it."

hahaha...just make sure you have a handy reformat disk. My system reformat discs are a 7 disc set.:eek: :D