PDA

View Full Version : bent a-arm question??

trailburner
05-20-2003, 02:27 PM
I put a little bend in my lower a-arm [damn tree!!!:ermm: ] anyway, will it hurt my quad at all if I ride it like that or is this something I should get fixed right away???Thanks for your help!!

dj416
05-20-2003, 03:02 PM
get a new one dude. there like 50 bucks new...maybe 60. if it bent it im sure it put a good hurt on the welds and they never break on when your not riding if u know what i mean. i have a full set of stock A arms, all but the lower right are like new, the lower left one has been welded where the shock mounts are but its all streight. make a good offer and i might be able to hook u up

KY Woods Rider
05-20-2003, 03:23 PM
If it's just a dent (possible, but unlikely) then it may be okay. If the lower a-arm is actually bent, then go ahead and get a new one because you may be putting increased stress on other parts such as the shock and upper shock mount. Like dj416 said, stock a-arms are dirt cheap, so just buy a new one and you don't have to worry about it.

Paul400ex2002
05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
i got a new one from service honda, i got it and a replacement tie rod for under 50 bucks shipped.

oh and make sure you order the right a-arm. The one that was bent on my bike was the left one looking from the front, BUT they sell it as the right. If you look on the lower a-arm mounts it'll have a L or and R, for left or right, that is the side you need to order.