PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference?

hondarider2006
05-20-2003, 02:10 PM
earlier this year I bought a 2000 400ex, it came with a FMF powercore IV slip on. what is the differnce between the IV and 4? Also sense then, I have added a k & n airfilter and outerwears, would a jet kit add much more preformance?

JabberJaw
05-20-2003, 02:13 PM
I put a jet engine on my quad and it was unbelievable!!!

KASCHAK
05-20-2003, 02:20 PM
ok i can tell your new here so ill try to answer as clearly as possible a jet kit will control how much gas and air goes into your motor. larger will make more gas and air smaller jets will make less. usaully with a pipe that increases the exhaust flow so you go up on the jetting size. so a jet kit would be a good idea.

try doing a search on jetting. there will be alot. carbs and jets are hard to understand at first but once you learn how they work it becomes easier and easier.

hondarider2006
05-20-2003, 02:28 PM
okay, I think I got the jetting part, but what is the difference between the 2 pipes? or is it just the name?:confused:

DaveEX7
05-20-2003, 02:32 PM
I was pretty sure that there is only one Power Core 4......

on the older PC4 pipes, they use the roman numeral, now they use the digit I believe.

Jet kits are a good idea once you get a new pipe, or else your pipe wont do you any good cause you gotta get that fuel flowin.
They wont give alot more power, but noticable.