my uncle has a 16,000 dollar raptor with

full pro-circuit system
denton +4 swingarm
renthal bars
18" turf tamer rears
22" fast trecker fronts
graydon proline nerfs
after market yamaha sprocket, front bumper, grab bar, and belly skid
roll design front end kit with axxis triple rate shocks (way wider!)
rear axxis triple rate shock
dyno jetted carb
and more...

but he went off a jump on sunday got like 6 feet of air and landed with the rear tires first but not a big angle and bent slightly his +4 dura blue axel which is life time garranted but is the durab;ue axel good or not because i was thinking it didnt seem like a big drop

p.s. it is a great bike and very fast i will try to get pics when we fix it and re jet the carb again they were to rich

Tommy 17
01-01-2002, 12:32 PM
that don't seem like a hard hit with those shocks he has sumtin must have been wrong with the axle...

Guy400
01-01-2002, 12:51 PM
Wait'll he has to pay for his "lifetime" warranty. The first one's free, all other replacements after that is $175 a pop. Really, it was probably just a freak accident and it'll never happen again but you never know. With as much money as he's already got in his Raptor tell him to go out and buy a RPM or LSR axle. It's got a totally free replacement warranty no matter how many times it bends or breaks.

Tell your uncle to go ahead and get the first replacement axle from Durablue for free but if it bends again tell him to save the 175 smacks and shop around for a new axle.

trx400ex
01-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Guy660R

Tell your uncle to go ahead and get the first replacement axle from Durablue for free but if it bends again tell him to save the 175 smacks and shop around for a new axle.

or , better yet, give the 175 for the next axle and sell it on ebay for 250+$ and then but a new one,,, if he has alot of money he should get a titanium one:devil

NJ300ex
01-01-2002, 01:36 PM
I didn't know axis made a triple rate rear shock. I would say get the free durablue then buy a RPM or Lonestar axle?

2k2-300exnj
01-01-2002, 05:03 PM
i meant to say dual rate rear shock and the shocks and front end kit are not on yet sorry bout that i think it was because of the poor suspension i was thinking about that erlier

NJ300ex
01-01-2002, 05:39 PM
Does it sit wierd with 22 inch front and 18 inch rear tires.

2k2-300exnj
01-01-2002, 05:51 PM
yea but no it isnt really notice able since it is so long but it handles great(besides the shocks but not for long!)

Poncho
01-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Lifetime warranty= 7 years:eek:

PhilMoore
01-01-2002, 11:02 PM
I snapped a X-33 within 45 minutes of riding after I installed it! I installed it on my lunch break, rode around the yard to make sure it was tight. Went racing that evening. Raced two moto's (less than 15 minutes each, no practice), got second place trophy, whoo hoo!

Went racing the next week, didn't practice and snapped the axle about 3 laps into the first race. My friend was right behind me, in 4th place, and he came too close to landing on that wheel with half an axle sticking out of it (too close for me that is)! It was on a 35-40 foot double, with a table top landing. I was landing on the flat, but I was not bottoming out, and my stock axle had much more abuse. It is still arrow straight, just not wide enough.

I would have had to wait 3 weeks to get a replacement, which I didn't really want, because I didn't want another snapper!

Anyway, they sent me a Eliminator. (and Durablue kept the extra $100 that the X-33 cost) It has not bent or broke, so I guess you could say I am happy with my $400.00 Eliminator axle.