PDA

View Full Version : Im an idiot..look here

tippie60
05-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey I got a stupid questions....everytime i pull front brake lever...even a little bit my left front tire locks up completly...im sure its probably a stupid little fix....hope so anyway...it wasnt doing it when i rode it a couple hours ago..i go out and ride down the street and it locks up...please help

Pappy
05-20-2003, 09:54 AM
id try blleding the brakes...maybe ya got a lil air in the line

AtvMxRider
05-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Check to see if there is anything stuck in the caliper between the pads.

300EX
05-20-2003, 12:05 PM
check to see if one of the bolts came out where the calaper is held on. That happened to me when I tapped the brake it would grab on and wedge between the rim and hub.

Str8Wicked
05-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Throw the front brakes away like all the guys with drag banshee do... lol

QuadTrix6
05-20-2003, 01:26 PM
take em apart and check out whats doing in there they might need a good cleaning

tippie60
05-20-2003, 03:56 PM
well i think i might have unintentionally added some air...i took the brake fluid cap off on the ride side of the quad midway down...dunno if that had anything to do with it or not
...whats the easiest way to bleed them

sickmojave
05-21-2003, 02:52 AM
somebody please tell me how air in the lines will make your brakes lock up. i have worked on bikes for years and never heard that. please explain :rolleyes:

05-21-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
somebody please tell me how air in the lines will make your brakes lock up. i have worked on bikes for years and never heard that. please explain :rolleyes:

I was thinking they meant that air in the opposite line was making the other wheel not lock up.

Pappy
05-21-2003, 03:38 AM

oh an expert...first one ive ever met;)

05-21-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
oh an expert...first one ive ever met;) :eek:

Pappy
05-21-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
I was thinking they meant that air in the opposite line was making the other wheel not lock up.

ahhh...someone who has seen this phenomenon a time or too...good job rook:devil :blah

05-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
take em apart and check out whats doing in there they might need a good cleaning good place to start

05-21-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by tippie60
[B]well i think i might have unintentionally added some air...i took the brake fluid cap off on the ride side of the quad midway down...dunno if that had anything to do with it or not
B]
but most likely the cause ..

05-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
Throw the front brakes away like all the guys with drag banshee do... lol ..but most of all...dont listen to him :macho

Pappy
05-21-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
..but most of all...dont listen to him :macho

c'mon....it adds a whole new dimension to the "PUCKER FACTOR":devil

05-21-2003, 03:53 AM
I would like to see that demonstrated :D

Pappy
05-21-2003, 03:55 AM
I would like to see that demonstrated :D

:( i demonstrated it in style at hatfield:D but it was rear brakes ......funny how these things happen on a steep *** switch back:confused2

05-21-2003, 03:57 AM
:( i demonstrated it in style at hatfield:D but it was rear brakes ......funny how these things happen on a steep *** switch back:confused2
is the sphyncer(sp) ok ?..:eek:
you could switch convert to the the dual piston R brakes ;)

Pappy
05-21-2003, 04:00 AM

you could switch convert to the the dual piston R brakes ;)

it was on my R:eek: :mad: lmao

05-21-2003, 04:01 AM
it was on my R:eek: :mad: lmao time for rebuild :D

sickmojave
05-21-2003, 04:05 AM
ok bash me if you want i don't care. But something don't make any sence to me. he said that if he even pulled a little on the brake that his FRONT left wheel would lockup. but when i had air in my lines they where very spongy and i had to pull the handle a lot before they did anything. I asked you to explain this and all you did was jump on me. way to go guys you must be proud.

UglyMotha™
05-21-2003, 04:13 AM
ok bash me if you want i don't care. But something don't make any sence to me. he said that if he even pulled a little on the brake that his FRONT left wheel would lockup. but when i had air in my lines they where very spongy and i had to pull the handle a lot before they did anything. I asked you to explain this and all you did was jump on me. way to go guys you must be proud.

:macho

personally i think it may be a froze caliper;)

Pappy
05-21-2003, 04:15 AM

look lady, noone is jumping on you. when you read enough of these posts you realize WHO you can tell tech stuff too and who wont understand it. now i could have posted (as others) to have him rip into his calipers....but why:confused: the easiest thing for him to do is to check the fluid level and bleed the brakes to rule out air in a line. now if that checks ok we could move him on to the calipers. there is no sense telling him to break down the calipers first.....then we will have a 4 page thread trying to explain to him how to reassemble them;)

KISS system does wonders....

sickmojave
05-21-2003, 04:20 AM
ok little miss that I will agree with.

Pappy
05-21-2003, 04:22 AM
lol....and witty too:cool:

05-21-2003, 05:22 AM

KISS system does wonders....

You callin me stupid :grr :mad: :grr

Pappy
05-21-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Rico
You callin me stupid :grr :mad: :grr

:devil if the shoe fits:eek: :blah lmfao

05-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Funny how some of these threads make you feel more like your at the corner bar just goofing on some peeps more than trying to answer questions on the net :D :blah

Did you ever find what the problem was?

Mine had done the same thing but when pulling hard on the lever and though I didnt figure out what was wrong etc it stopped after taking the calipers off and just inspecting them. Was a little weird how the quad was pulling to the right and stuff.

400grl
05-23-2003, 03:59 AM
Mine does the same thing every once it a while - bleeding the brake system has helped every time.