PDA

View Full Version : horsey's

slosh13
05-20-2003, 06:33 AM
what kind of mods can i do with keeping the stock bore in my cylinder? I'm not ready to bore my cylinder yet but i want mods that will give me some extra horsepower... Eventually i want to have my stock 400EX motor push an extra 10-15 horsepower, but im sure ill have to bore it. What are all the things I can do to achieve this desired modification?

SPONSORS FOR 03'
JP CYCLE
HETRICK RACING
MY BAD RACING
SCOTT'S AMSOIL
B-TOWN BOYZ RACING
S.H.I. RACING
along with help from: EXRIDERS.COM, C&D RACING, WRP POWERSPORTS, SALEM OIL, and LINE-X spray-on bedliners

"Man, you must be fast cuz I was haulin a#$ when I passed you"
:devil

Natertot426ex
05-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Put a high compression piston and a cam into it with a good exhaust system.

UglyMotha™
05-20-2003, 06:40 AM
just out of curiousity, I was wondering just how many more times are you goin to ask this same question:confused:

slosh13
05-21-2003, 01:07 AM
sorry uglymotha, i just want to be sure before i start ripping into my motor and doing motorwork.... thats all:D

H_W
05-21-2003, 01:48 PM
I still have the stock bore, and I am pretty sure with all my mods I got an extra 7 or 8 horses. It feels like it anyway. I can spank stock raptors and banshees. (yes, I said banshees.) My cousin has a raptor and he just bought a Curtis Sparks X-6 pipe. He was excited and expecting to beat me, I was expecting it also. We raced 3 times and it was dead even each time. I mean we are side by side. When I get wide open he barely pulls by me. (just barely)