PDA

View Full Version : weight limit??

cudaman
05-20-2003, 05:17 AM
my friend was thinkin about getting an R cause im getting mine soon. he heard they were great and he found a good deal one. what do you guys think is the weight limit of the person riding. he's about 5'9-10" and about 270. would he be alright if he got the shocks valved for his weight and gusseted the frame. thanks in advance

exriderdude
05-20-2003, 05:35 AM
whoa, hes a pretty big dude now.

i think it would be alright if he got shocks, and if he is going to ride hard then gusseting the frame would definitly be a good idea:)

cudaman
05-20-2003, 05:56 AM
thanks.

anyone else??

also, should he do something to improve bottom end to get his butt going or will it be fine

MOFO
05-20-2003, 06:12 AM
make sure his rear spring is made for that much weight... other than that, should be ok...I have a friend that weighs around 250 and doesnt have any problems on his stock 400EX.

CUZ'n
05-20-2003, 06:36 AM
i tel dem womens dat if day kant lif der fatazz leg over da tank den day can WALK:macho

an bubby is waaaayyyy big an he rid dat tree wheela so u budd b ok:macho

AndrewRRR
05-20-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by CUZ'n
i tel dem womens dat if day kant lif der fatazz leg over da tank den day can WALK:macho

an bubby is waaaayyyy big an he rid dat tree wheela so u budd b ok:macho

Good lord thats the most horrendous ebonics i've ever seen! :rolleyes:
A R should be fine, if you can't adjust the rear shock far enough to dampen the impacts he'll need to get it revalved. If he's going to be jumping very high definately get aftermarket shocks.

sweet300ex
05-20-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
A R should be fine, if you can't adjust the rear shock far enough to dampen the impacts he'll need to get it revalved. If he's going to be jumping very high definately get aftermarket shocks.

crazybuffalo
05-20-2003, 08:37 AM
get some elkas and itll be all good

RoadkillerRyan
05-20-2003, 08:44 AM

ktMan
05-20-2003, 09:39 AM
some new shocks would be needed and you could change the front sprocket to a lower amount of teeth for more bottom end (just try 1 tooth or 2 teeth), and cause 250 r's are old you may want to beef up the frame:ermm:

05-20-2003, 09:45 AM
woa big fella. I would get new shocks all around. just a suggestion if he doesnt want busted *****. Buddy had a banshee with stock shocks and he weighed probably 320 ish and he wiped her out with him on it and snapped the a arm and bent the front shock!!! its worth it to buy new shocks, How old is he?

lil400exman
05-20-2003, 09:46 AM
or just buy a used aftermarket frame those things are tough and u wont have to worry about it..........................;)

AtvMxRider
05-20-2003, 09:57 AM

LOL stick around for awhile. It only gets better..:D

cudaman
05-20-2003, 10:02 AM
well he cant afford to buy an aftermarket frame right now. he is definetely going to get aftermarket shocks that are valved for his weight. and im going to tell him to get his frame gusseted.

btw i think he is 18 almost 19.

cudaman
05-21-2003, 04:24 AM
ttt