View Full Version : I want my quad to ride like an STS (shock ?)

knighttime
12-31-2001, 10:34 PM
Well I was doin some rough trail ridin which included among other things riding over big fallen trees (logs perpendicular to the trail, some were at least 18+ inches off the ground). Would aftermarket front shocks cushion the blow when riding over/jumping them?

If so what are some good ones?

thanks

Giz400ex
01-01-2002, 09:09 AM
If Pittsburgh does go to the Super Bowl, its not gonna be pretty!!! For some reason Pittsburgh reminds me of Buffalo and we all know how Buffalo does in Super Bowls!! hahahahaha

01-01-2002, 07:35 PM
yes basically any type of aftermarket shock will work a heck of a lot better than stockers and it all depends on how much riding you do and what kind of riding you do

1 if you do alot of long hard rides you will prolly need resivors all they do is hold extra oil to keep the shock cooler.....

good brands works,pep,axis,ohlins,tcs..... go to this site and go to the f.a.q. link ti should help you out alot

www.shocconnection.com hope i helped...toby

thats will send you to www.motojoe.com sorry for the confusion..toby

Poncho
01-01-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
If Pittsburgh does go to the Super Bowl, its not gonna be pretty!!! For some reason Pittsburgh reminds me of Buffalo and we all know how Buffalo does in Super Bowls!! hahahahaha

What does this have to do with shocks?:huh

Dave400ex
01-01-2002, 08:57 PM
How much do you want to spend? I would get the Works or the PEP`s.

MOFO
01-02-2002, 06:06 AM
Mike,

That one place that Kevin is taking his LT250 engine to get ported is setting him up with some sweet shocks. I would talk to him before he goes down to pick his rear shock up. You might want to talk to those guys at the shop...according to Kevin, they knew too much about shocks and 2 stroke engines... :D

Eric

01-02-2002, 06:32 AM
Check with Terry at marcums on some works steelers,,they'll do the job just fine,,,,plus you don't really jump to much either so they will work perfect for a master blaster trail rider..:D

Giz400ex
01-02-2002, 02:58 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with shocks!! You're pretty smart!!! LOOK at the bottom of his ???? (where he describes he quad? Now, does that make sense????

MOFO
01-02-2002, 03:41 PM
As a matter of fact, it DOES make sense. If you pay attention to the post...you will noticed that is part of his signature and NOT part of his question. I suggest before you jump down someones throat, you check all the details first. And I happen to agree with him about the Steelers... :D

and to keep on the topic...how many people out there have rebuilt their rear shock? How much was it and can you do it yourself?

Eric

01-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Hey Eric,,,,

Well I'm sure you know I had Terry do mine,,and yes you can do your own,,,there was an article in a dirtwheels or Atvsport here recently that explained how to rebuild your own shocks...required a few special tools but I'm sure you, Mike, Heinekin, and bud could all put your minds together make the tools and get the shocks rebuilt,,but the parts ain't cheap. I think I got the gold series valves form terry which were $125, he said these were the best on the market, the Eiback spring I think was $75 or $100,,don't know what the maxima shock oil cost,,but he charged me $250 to do it so it might be cheaper to send it off. If you really think you all might rebuild your own shocks I'll find the mag, and scan the complete article for ya,,let me know dude.:D

MOFO
01-03-2002, 01:52 PM
thanks for the info. One of my friends has his rear shock from his 86 Quadsport being sent out as we "type". I was just curious because I've heard the rear shock on the 400EX is actually pretty good...but when its rebuilt...its as good as most aftermarket shocks.

Eric