PDA

View Full Version : looking to upgrade

Daredevil1
05-19-2003, 01:37 PM
hey, right now I have Works Triple rate front shocks w/reservoirs and I want something better. I also have the Works Ultracross rear. I am thinking about selling the Works all around and getting a stock rear shock, getting it rebuilt to PEP or TCS and getting new front shocks. But here is the question. I was looking at the PEP Limited mass but i want a lower ride height and not as much roll in the corners. I heard that the Limited mass shocks have some sort of anti roll valving or something. Is this true? Should I get the PEP Limited mass, TCS zero preload, or PEP zero preload? I dont want to spend more than i have to but I want either PEP or TCS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

quader400
05-19-2003, 02:01 PM
how does the rear shock affect roll in corners? and does anyone know prices to get the stock shock rebuilt? thanks

Daredevil1
05-19-2003, 02:09 PM
I dont really get your question on the rear shock affecting roll. The rear shock has nothing to do with roll in corners because of the solid axle in the back. Only the front affects roll, but if you get the fronts done zero preload you want the back sitting just as low. In the research Ive done so far I found that for a shop to set them up it would be about $400. But i still need my question answered on the limited mass thing. I did a search and it is still a little shady.

Dave400ex
05-20-2003, 11:02 AM
If I was you I would give Derisi Racing a call have have them do the Pro Millennium setup on your shocks. Derisi Racing (http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/atvindex.htm)

QuadTrix6
05-20-2003, 01:22 PM
send it to PEP for a rebuild you won;t be disappointed, when you talk to them they will talk to you about how you want to set it up and they will set the rear up to work well with the front shocks that your running even if its not there own

quader400
05-20-2003, 01:41 PM
is there a company that can rubuild a stock rear with a dual rate spring?

Dave400ex
05-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Elka, PEP, and TCS all have dual rate rebuild rears, but the second spring is really just the Sag spring.