PDA

View Full Version : Info on The Vforce

Yellow Nuts
05-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Somone give me some info on this KFX700 Vforce....i hear they suck...but there not a honda so i guess thats why they suck ;)

danyeo
05-20-2003, 04:26 AM
I hear they don't suck, probably just de-tuned from the factory. I'm sure those dual pipes wake them up.

spincr4hire
05-20-2003, 04:49 AM
I saw one last weekend, with the dual pipes on it (Pro Circuit I think), that beast was throwing a good 25 feet of mud-roost...
I think they look and sound bad ***** :devil
Props to Kawasaki for having the balls to come out with something like the V-Force, unlike some other companies...:rolleyes:

Yellow Nuts
05-20-2003, 05:33 AM
i've been trying to find out what kind of quad i wnat i was gonna get a 400EX or Kfx400 but i seen a stock Vforce when i was at Land between the lakes a few weeks ago. then i got to reading the june dirtwheels about the XC vforce.....sounds good and the Automatic Transmission will help too a little i guess...i have trouble going up hills....to chicken i guess....but o well...jues thought i'd shae that with ya;)

spincr4hire
05-20-2003, 05:41 AM
Yellow, I'm confused, if you think they suk, then why do you want one?:confused2

Yellow Nuts
05-21-2003, 05:08 AM
i never said i Thoguht they sucked i said i HEARD that they suck...lol:huh

Natertot426ex
05-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Doug Eichner has been racing one in the WORCS series. I just raced with him on Sunday. He has that thing pimped out with elka's and the duel Fat Boy 4 system and Shaved fenders. That is one fast machine.

cudaman
05-21-2003, 10:21 AM
how does it handle. is it too big to mx with it. any other downfalls?

Natertot426ex
05-21-2003, 10:24 AM
I talked to Doug about it and he said that is handles great and you can move it as good as anything else. He said he likes it a lot.

RuffRyder400ex
05-21-2003, 10:40 AM
i think that in the new dirt wheels one has a duel exhaust alien system.:eek2:

RuffRyder400ex
05-21-2003, 10:41 AM
it looked sick.

KevinM
05-21-2003, 03:27 PM
They are badass. Anybody that tells you different hasn't ridden one.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/GalleryImages/5434/GettinAir.jpg

06-29-2003, 06:56 PM
yah i want to get one poretty bad..im gonna wait untill christmas & get a used one & sell my 400ex unless honda comes out with a new 4 wheeler

danyeo
06-30-2003, 02:08 AM
ATV Action did a shootout in their July issue between the V-force, Raptor, Predator, and DS-650. They didn't really call the V-force a high-performance machine, they almost put the sport label on it. The Pedator won the overall shootout and the DS-650 was easily the fastest in a 150 yard up-hill drag. I don't own any of these quads but i found the shootout to worth reading.

Dale512
06-30-2003, 03:20 AM
I saw that shootout and I agree that the DS is the fastest, but the V-Force is right behind...not behind everything else as they say. They were way, way too harsh on it.....I would chose it over a Raptor in almost any category. I guess Kawi didnt get them their money on time, I guess next shootout they will be calling it a 5-star quad instead of a 3-star quad like they did in this one. They are just now starting to give the DS props, before it was the Raptor would smoke it, then the DS would slightly Edge the Raptor, now they are finally telling it how it is after about 4 years.

Dale512
06-30-2003, 03:22 AM
Just look at the GNCC results. BTW the 3 most impressive quads I saw up the Wisp were the KFX700, Predators, & Cannondales:D I wasnt too impressed with the GasGas quads.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by danyeo
ATV Action did a shootout in their July issue between the V-force, Raptor, Predator, and DS-650. They didn't really call the V-force a high-performance machine, they almost put the sport label on it. The Pedator won the overall shootout and the DS-650 was easily the fastest in a 150 yard up-hill drag. I don't own any of these quads but i found the shootout to worth reading. I read that too, and wassooo surprised they rated it so low:confused: I havent hueard anyone complain about it .Sometimes I have to wonder about the mags info.Best info is DEF from us riders IMO.....;)

danyeo
06-30-2003, 04:40 AM
I would have expected a 700 V-twin to demolish everything in the straight line acceleration runs, in fact i have many articles from mags lying around where people from Kawi claim the V has the most power and is the fastest of any stock quad. Once again i wish they would tell us the truth instead of trying to make false claims to make sales. Still though i will stick with my 5 speed, 440 which wieghs in at 375 dry instead of a plus 500lb auto, especially in woods riding which i mostly do.
On another note, i saw that Bomdardier is redesigning the DS for 2004, 20lbs lighter and shorter and a little narrower. And the new Baja x looks bad-***.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by danyeo
I would have expected a 700 V-twin to demolish everything in the straight line acceleration runs, in fact i have many articles from mags lying around where people from Kawi claim the V has the most power and is the fastest of any stock quad. Once again i wish they would tell us the truth instead of trying to make false claims to make sales. Still though i will stick with my 5 speed, 440 which wieghs in at 375 dry instead of a plus 500lb auto, especially in woods riding which i mostly do.
On another note, i saw that Bomdardier is redesigning the DS for 2004, 20lbs lighter and shorter and a little narrower. And the new Baja x looks bad-***. yeah I read that too, but I also read in a mag for this month,that Bombadier may be fazing out a little and that means ATV's to....:eek2:

Evan400ex
07-01-2003, 02:33 PM
I want one of those V-Forces so bad! Should have waited instead of buying my 03' 400ex earlier this year. I seen one at Livingston, KY and it was 'WICKED FAST!'.

balla250ex
07-02-2003, 03:56 AM
Yea, I hear they are really fast also. I have'nt rode or seen one being ridden. But I have sat on one!! lol. And you can't trust those mags. They don't tell the truth at all. It's all about money. Like you siad, just look at the race standings.

KASCHAK
07-03-2003, 11:29 AM
my cousin has one and it is true it is FASSTT. i raced him on the rode and he had me the whole way. cept getting further and further away. wasnt even funny. it jumps good and handles really good. it feels like it has powerstearing. this thing rides wheeleis like a 400 too comes up real easy and it stays balanced. tons of power. roost like 30 feet high even with the holeshots. hes getting mudsharks or relotors. it spins too much. i guess it has too much power for the soft stuff. when it climbs it gets faster and faster. scares you alot. so i think some of the magazines arnt lying just to make money. this thing hauls. and the full hmf pipe clams to get 7 more hp to the wheeles. slip on was 4. dual pipes for the full pipe. slipon is still the one pipe to the scilencer.

Dan_Guetter
07-07-2003, 04:15 PM
i think the v force kicks major @ss!!!!!!

sooooo much power!!!

KfX700_05
09-29-2005, 01:19 PM
I just bought a kfx 700 and i think its one of the best quads i'v ever riden it handles good it jumps nice. and for being such a big quad its real easy to muscle it around corner and its the first quad i can pull wheelies up at 65MPH.:D

Night-rider
09-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Well i can say i would be a happy V-force kind a guy...I do alot of woods riding with my son and i do alot of open land riding,,and then i do some drag raceing...I have done some mods,,,and it runs sweet.....And for all the ways i ride,,,All u do is change the primay spring...And u can ride any way u want,...Happy with my ride,,,,,,

DESDAK4
11-02-2005, 07:16 AM
I know mine here doesn't suck and you better have motor work to beat it (Haven't seen any 06 of any kind yet) in a drag.

Jay
USAF
AMMO
IYAAYAS

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/desdak4/Picture024.jpg

Night-rider
11-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Looks nice....DESDAK4..Bin thinking about cuting my fenders on my V...

DESDAK4
11-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Do it, it looks good and actually makes it feel a bit smaller than it really is:D

Jay
USAF
AMMO
IYAAYAS