PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pappy

derekhonda
05-19-2003, 11:32 AM
what are the chances you sent me +1 bottoms and regular tops? The tops look to be the same size as my stockers, and now i cant even get my tierods to go in because the balljoints wont stretch enough to make up for such the severe angle? i hope its just me not being smart but it really looks like the tops are stock length. Right now....my hubs look like t his on the front

/ \

TheRedRebel17
05-19-2003, 11:37 AM
im not super p, but are these arms adjustiable? Might wanna check that out by the frame part of the a-arms

derekhonda
05-19-2003, 11:41 AM
they very well could be, i really dont know alot about aftermarket a-arms, what part would be adjustable, i know the upper ball joint is threaded the whole way, and has a nut on each side so i suppose i could let it out a little, but i would think that would weaker the ball joint tremendously

TheRedRebel17
05-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
they very well could be, i really dont know alot about aftermarket a-arms, what part would be adjustable, i know the upper ball joint is threaded the whole way, and has a nut on each side so i suppose i could let it out a little, but i would think that would weaker the ball joint tremendously

Yep, thats what you have to do. Theres to threaded ends on tne top by the frame part. You loosen those screws and extend the joints out and tighten the nut. Its all guess work, i dont know of any way to get it right the first time.

derekhonda
05-19-2003, 11:48 AM
just thought of this...maybe i just have my steps out of order....i first hooked up the a-arms, then put on the spindles/hubs, then put on the shocks, now im trying to hook up the tierods

should i pull the shocks back off and try the rods thenor even take back off the spindles?

anyone.....?

derekhonda
05-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Rider-400EX
Yep, thats what you have to do. Theres to threaded ends on tne top by the frame part. You loosen those screws and extend the joints out and tighten the nut. Its all guess work, i dont know of any way to get it right the first time.

you sure those joints can take it?

TheRedRebel17
05-19-2003, 11:51 AM
yep, all the aftermarket ajustible a-arms have them, so you can adjust the camber

TheRedRebel17
05-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Sorry, its the one by the balljoint on the burgards. my mistake, btu the same applies...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=510680

derekhonda
05-19-2003, 11:57 AM
how far out are yours, like about how much thread is left from the nut towards the center of the frame

TheRedRebel17
05-19-2003, 11:57 AM
"Camber is the way your tires lean in or out at the top when looking at them from straight on in the frt. If they are straight up and down or 90 degrees to ground then that is zero camber. Leaning in at the top toward the fenders or frame is negative camber. Camber is measured in degrees so as to say that if the tire leaned in toward the frame at the top by 2 degrees that would be 2 degrees negative camber. Leaning out would be positive camber."

If your running a tire such as holeshots with a rounded pattern you will want a little more camber than say grooved radials

TheRedRebel17
05-19-2003, 11:58 AM
i dont run aftermarket arms yet..Maybe someone else will chime in.

derekhonda
05-19-2003, 12:01 PM
i understand now, you guys just made my day thanks alot

derekhonda
05-19-2003, 12:02 PM
and might i add, problem solved, in less than 30 minutes (faster than my pizza thats for sure...hurry up im hungry)

TheRedRebel17
05-19-2003, 12:10 PM
if ya run into anynmore problems, just hit me up at Theredrebel14 on AIM