PDA

View Full Version : Outerwear Vs. EHS Lid any less air going in?

excess
05-19-2003, 11:15 AM
I just took the lid off my bike and want to help prevent some dirt from getting in the motor. Now forget protection completely, do you guys think there will be less air going into the carb if I put the EHS lid? If it does I am just thinking about ordering an outerwear because I want it to perform as good as possible. By the way my snorkel is also off.

What do you think?

northeast400
05-19-2003, 03:06 PM
I ran an outerwaers lid and water still got in because it does not seal all the way around the lid

JD400exrider
05-19-2003, 04:01 PM
The only difference is by using just an outerwear over the top it is a pain in the ***** to keep in place. The velcro goes on the side of the air box and unless you have fingers the size of a baby you will fight getting it on and off. I cut little larger hole in the top of the lid than the ehs lid and put it over the outerwear to hold it in place. That lasted about 3 rides and the outerwear tore from removing it off the velcro. I should of just bought another outerwear and fit to my lid. I ended up buying a ehs lid and seems to work good. Remember though The outerwears are NOT water proof. You will get water into your air box. It just slows it down. Just avoid going through large puddles WFO. Save some money and buy and outerwear and make it fit to your own lid with the top cut open.

Good Luck