PDA

View Full Version : Iced peggs

knighttime
12-31-2001, 08:38 PM
This happened to me, anyone else?

I was doin' some serious trail ridin' on Saturday. About 20 minutes after crossing a big stream, my AC propeg footpegs were completely iced over .(the high temp was maybe 25 degrees). I had to stop and chip the ice out cause I thought this was very dangerous, lol. I think some drain holes are needed. N e one else know what I'm talkin' about?

12-31-2001, 09:03 PM
while i've never had mine freeze ovver b/c i don't really ride much trails i do understand what you mean i know when i get done washing my bike there is always water left in them that never wants to come out....i was thinking of drilling them but i am not sure yet.... let us know if any of you other guys have drilled them and wher you drilled em at...toby

knighttime
12-31-2001, 09:12 PM
When it's really cold that water freezes. We gotta drill some holes I think.

250exen
12-31-2001, 09:13 PM
me bigtime,
i ride in the snow and my footpegs (which are stock) are competly iced over. a hammer and a flathead screwdriver work best. hit it w/ the hammer. pick it out w/ the screwdriver.
i think when the snow gets in the footpeg, the engin makes just enough heat to cool it to water then turns into ice im guessing.

-250exen-

cron-ex
12-31-2001, 10:30 PM
if you dont drill holes in ur propegs, you should just put a screwdriver in your tool container, if a 400ex has one. i know a 300 does and you have room to put a screwdriver.

knighttime
12-31-2001, 10:38 PM
Your lucky if you get a chance to catch your breath, let alone chip out your pegs, lol. I guess chippin' the ice out is the best way. I'm still gonna drill some holes and maybe, ... well i cant figure it out yet.:huh

Juggalo
01-01-2002, 12:08 AM
mine wouldn't get filled with ice. cuz their always filled with mud! lol :rolleyes:

SGA
01-01-2002, 11:04 PM
I drilled some holes in mine about 2 weeks after i got them. mostly because when i washed it water sat in the pegs. drilled a couple of 1/4 holes on the side of the pegs down where they meet the round part.

MOFO
01-02-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
Your lucky if you get a chance to catch your breath, let alone chip out your pegs, lol. I guess chippin' the ice out is the best way. I'm still gonna drill some holes and maybe, ... well i cant figure it out yet.:huh

LOL :devil Did you get those pics developed yet? I'm not very happy about this, but I had to have a Grizzly winch me out of a mudhole on Saturday. The ice broke and my rear end just sank into this hidden mud hole.

Mike, I would just drill those things out. Not big holes, but just a few small ones. Once we get more snow on the ground....there is no stopping it. Everyone gets iced over pegs...makes for an interesting ride. :D

Eric