PDA

View Full Version : works shocks question

Dave400
05-19-2003, 06:12 AM
O.K. gang...help me out if you can...I have a set of Works fronts shocks with res. on my 400ex. My question is when i lift the front tires of the quad off the ground (from the front bumper), there is some slop you can feel from the lower shock mounts.. My friend has the same set-up and i tried his as well. He has the same slop, but not as bad. When i asked him why he said that all works shocks do that and thats just they way they are. Is this true? Im thinking i need new bushings for it....Help out if you have any input.....thanks

GNCC#829
05-19-2003, 06:39 AM
If the bottom of the shock is moving around in the mount, you need new bushings.

Braff1
05-19-2003, 06:48 AM
I had this same prob with my Works. You can call works and talk to their customer sevice (ask for sandy(guy)). The original bushings are made of a space age plastic. If you do a lot of creek riding or riding in mud the grit from creek riding and mud cause the plastic to wear prematurely. they also make a polyrurathane bushing. the polyurathane is more suited for the mud and creek riding.

lil400exman
05-19-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
I had this same prob with my Works. You can call works and talk to their customer sevice (ask for sandy(guy)). The original bushings are made of a space age plastic. If you do a lot of creek riding or riding in mud the grit from creek riding and mud cause the plastic to wear prematurely. they also make a polyrurathane bushing. the polyurathane is more suited for the mud and creek riding.
u said it and said it well man...................;)