PDA

View Full Version : Got the new wheels on the Avi

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 06:01 AM
Got the new 39.5 Super Swampers TrXsus tires and 20 inch Weld Racing EVO wheels finally. Had to lift the Avi 3 more inches to fit the tires thou but it still rides good and looks way higher now. Still trying to get the front bars and rear bars to fit back on thou but I'm sure it'll be a few weeks before they go back on.

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 06:03 AM
One more pics... Also had to add mud flaps since I have 3 tickets for not having them that I need to get signed off... Used plexi glass for the flaps and it works great.

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 06:04 AM
last one....

RIjon
05-19-2003, 06:11 AM
why?

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by RIjon
why?

why what.....?

XANDADA
05-19-2003, 06:15 AM
:eek: RIGHT ON!!! I like it, looks like an urban assault machine:devil
Any engine mods yet?

05-19-2003, 06:18 AM
Looks sweeet Ernie.....but i wanna see it with mud on it..:devil

cdalejef
05-19-2003, 06:19 AM
So when are you taking it rock crawling?

jay's 300
05-19-2003, 06:20 AM
Nice! That's the best lookin Avalanche I've seen!

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Looks sweeet Ernie.....but i wanna see it with mud on it..:devil

Usually I don't take the truck out to much during the summer months here in So. Cal since everywhere we go is usually hot as hell and most weekends there are tons of shows and other things going on....

I will have it back off roading soon thou. I just repainted all the fenders for these shows since they were all torn up from off-roading. The front two had to be sent out to be plastic welded since they were the ones that got the most damage when romping the truck off-road and turning... So I wanna keep it looking good for the summer shows than it's back to the off-roading and romping......

UglyMotha™
05-19-2003, 07:38 AM
uuuuuhhhhh

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 07:41 AM
UglyMotha I like that baby pic.... lol

sweet300ex
05-19-2003, 07:45 AM
thats looks sweet!!

UglyMotha™
05-19-2003, 07:53 AM
I'll trade ya the baby for the avi:D

RuffRyder400ex
05-19-2003, 08:11 AM
sweet

cudaman
05-19-2003, 09:04 AM
THat looks bad @ss but im not a fan of the rims. just personal preference though. looks nice!

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Well the rims aren't amde to look like traditonal 20 inch wheels you'd put on lets say a lowered truck. They were made really straight and plain to keep the overall off-road look.

But like you said, wheels are personal preference

lil400exman
05-19-2003, 09:18 AM
well then i would take it if anyone doesnt want it then............or i can buy u new rims and take the ones on there right now.............i am very open minded...........:macho

Woodsrider
05-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Just curious, can yor kid get in there with out any help?:D

Looks nice, I wouldnt do it but I can appreciate the work and time you put into it. Very nice work;)

killed300ex
05-19-2003, 11:37 AM
looks really good lets see a close up of the tires and rims and mud flaps
killed

CHAUNCY
05-19-2003, 11:53 AM
:eek2: :eek: :eek2:

toby400ex
05-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Shawwweeeet :blah

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Just curious, can yor kid get in there with out any help?:D

Looks nice, I wouldnt do it but I can appreciate the work and time you put into it. Very nice work;)

He hasn't tried.. I just throw him up inside... Before it had the larger tires and lift he used to like climb the truck up in to it. He climb those side steps as if they are monkey bars at a playground..... lol

I'm sure he'll find a way like he always does....

Str8Wicked
05-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Oh, I'll get the other pics for you guys tonight also...

crazybuffalo
05-19-2003, 03:20 PM
i agree with rico get some muddin pics

dragger3
05-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey, Str8wicked I have a quastion about my system or all systems in general. I had my system professionsly installed by a really good friend of my dads who has been in the biz for 12 years. He didnt want to do my car because he said they are to hard to take apart(audi) but he did it anyway. Well I was driving down the road today and for the past week I have smelt sommin funny commin out my dash and sure enough today smoke comes pouring out while I was bumping to "Get Low" buy LIL jon. It is deff. my system because nottin happins when the system isnt on. now the system will turn on randomly and just do a really low bass hit for about 3 seconds than turn of and repete its self over and over.The guy is fixing ti for free but I am just curoius to know what is srong with my car. Any help would me appreciated.

I am retty sure i shorted sommin but why would it do that?

BTW nice avalanch. How much did u get for than van u did a while back?

Martin Blair
05-19-2003, 04:02 PM
why is right, whats the point you will never take that thing off road spend that cash on your wheeler or somethign you can use, not o look at me i have a huge truck, but im afraid to get it dirty.

Black400
05-19-2003, 04:04 PM
SICK!

UglyMotha™
05-20-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
why is right, whats the point you will never take that thing off road spend that cash on your wheeler or somethign you can use, not o look at me i have a huge truck, but im afraid to get it dirty.

actually he does quite a bit off-roading:o

so there is your why

Str8Wicked
05-20-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by dragger3
Hey, Str8wicked I have a quastion about my system or all systems in general. I had my system professionsly installed by a really good friend of my dads who has been in the biz for 12 years. He didnt want to do my car because he said they are to hard to take apart(audi) but he did it anyway. Well I was driving down the road today and for the past week I have smelt sommin funny commin out my dash and sure enough today smoke comes pouring out while I was bumping to "Get Low" buy LIL jon. It is deff. my system because nottin happins when the system isnt on. now the system will turn on randomly and just do a really low bass hit for about 3 seconds than turn of and repete its self over and over.The guy is fixing ti for free but I am just curoius to know what is srong with my car. Any help would me appreciated.

I am retty sure i shorted sommin but why would it do that?

BTW nice avalanch. How much did u get for than van u did a while back?

If it's getting a real low bass sound with no music and your music was turning off and on it sounds like you have problems with power to the amp. Most likely the ground came loose. The low bass sound you are getting is most likely the distortion you that is being amplified from the bad ground. Your lucky the amps didn't blow. I've blown a few this way by accident when I was younger but the older amps were a lot easier to blow up than the new ones are.

Just my opinion. I'm not a professional on systems or anything...

Str8Wicked
05-20-2003, 05:01 AM
The mud flaps close up. The mounts were made for jeeps by Offroad Innovations ( www.trailflap.com ) , but I liked that they had quick disconnect pins to remove them in seconds. The flap of coarse I made which is a 1/4 thick plexiglass sheet which holds up really nice and the good thing is you don't even notice them really.

Str8Wicked
05-20-2003, 05:03 AM
Here is the tire back side. Since the wheels were 16 inches wide I had to put spacer to get them out a bit. I got them from MC motorsports sinc ehtere spacer are known to be the best and strongest. Rock crawlers and a few series Off-roaders use them with no breakage that I have ever seen.

Str8Wicked
05-20-2003, 05:04 AM
I meant the tires were 16 inches wide, the wheels are 20x10 for now but they are making me a set that are 20x12 which I should have at the end of the year. The tires are 39.5x16x20 Super Swamper TrXsus. I don't think they are even selling this size in the open market yet but they should hit the stores very soon if they haven't already.

Str8Wicked
05-20-2003, 05:07 AM
OK here is a little dirt for you guys. I post some pics next time I go mud boggin in Azuza Canyon....

Str8Wicked
05-20-2003, 05:13 AM
Woops forgot the pic... It was taken behind Olds Hill in Glamis where everyone launches. You rarely see any big trucks up there since you have to hit some weird angled dunes and most are scared to truck anywhere that ain't flat...