PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a xr400 cam?

excess
05-19-2003, 04:02 AM
Just wanted to see what your experience was. I am sure fitment and quality is not a question but does it wake up the bike like some of the other aftermarket cams. My bike has the basic pipe, filter, no lid, jet kit and eventually a 38mm carb. I figured stage 2 cams wouldn't benefit me as much as a stage 1 but I don't know what this would be considered

quadman21
05-19-2003, 04:54 AM
I run an XR cam and evryone I know around me are running one too. It's nothing earth-shettering about it BUT you can tell a difference through top and bottom. What appeals to me best is that there is a power increase but you don't need to replace your rocker arms. It's a Honda product for a Honda engine. If you are looking for even more power and still wanted to go the XR cam route that I would suggest an HRC cam.

05-19-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by quadman21
I run an XR cam and evryone I know around me are running one too. It's nothing earth-shettering about it BUT you can tell a difference through top and bottom. What appeals to me best is that there is a power increase but you don't need to replace your rocker arms. It's a Honda product for a Honda engine. If you are looking for even more power and still wanted to go the XR cam route that I would suggest an HRC cam.

Yeah what he said...:cool:

JD400exrider
05-20-2003, 03:32 PM
I run the HRC cam. I like it. :D
Good power gains Honda Quality ;)

tryken
05-21-2003, 05:43 PM
bump

zzbudzz
05-21-2003, 06:54 PM
how much for a honda racing cam (hrc)?where's the cheapest ? service honda?

AtvMxRider
05-25-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
how much for a honda racing cam (hrc)?where's the cheapest ? service honda?

Anybody know?

JD400exrider
05-25-2003, 08:20 PM
I paid 275.00 from planet honda. 270.00 at service honda. Planet honda had it in stock.

This was about 3 months ago. Look up the hop up kit for the xr 400 on servicehonda.com I comes with a HRC high comp. piston, jets and bunch of other shi$$. I just bought the cam and new timing chain and then bought a JE piston.