PDA

View Full Version : anyone race Chatsworth, NJ this weekend?

propartsracing
05-19-2003, 03:52 AM
Hi,

Just curious to see how many of you raced this weekend. We made the trip down there & I met Marlin which was cool. Nice to put a name to a face. He also pointed out quad041 - hope you finished well.... you looked good out there.

My hubby, Mike, raced the 4-stroke class. He had the lead the entire race until he had a machanical failure on the last lap :ermm: Oh well, all that matters is that he had alot of fun out there until that happened. Lots of whoops, but a nice track.

Anyone else have any war stories from the track?

Trish:)

QuadTrix6
05-19-2003, 05:51 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58801

Ex'r Marlin
05-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Opps, sorry Trish.... We started replying to Lou's (quad041) thread "pics from todays race" in the EX Racing forum.:rolleyes:

Again, it was great talking with Mike, Scott, and yourself!:cool: .... Good to see that Mike was still in good spirits after what happened. I don't think I would have been in a decent enough mood to socialize with anyone if that happened to me!

Both Kenny Cambell (racer101) and Lou (quad041) did great. Kenny got the overall win on a 250r, while Lou got what I believed 4th, but ended with a 5th place trophy on his 250r.:macho .... I think they deducted a minute or two from Lou's time for "throwing up" out on the track while racing!!!:D (No more Gatorade for Lou!!!):rolleyes: Or... It was for the tanglement he had in the first turn into the woods... He had the lead over this other guy, when the guy on a silver 250r tried to go outside, hit Lou and flipped himself over. (I flipped the atv back over... He said he was ok, but Lou may have gotten a deduction for that!):D :blah

Yeah, Mike was flying! Great to see him out there!:cool: Sorry to hear what happened. I can not believe the year he is having. Hopefully it will all change after this past weekend!

Note: I was told that it was hard to pass out there. If so, I can not believe how well Kenny (racer101) did. He started 2 minutes after the 4 stroke class went, made his way through the traffic, and finished as the overall winner... Great job Kenny!!!:macho At the big MX track, he was about a minute and 30 seconds behind Scott on the last lap. (Scott Lutsky from Pro Parts Racing got the win in 4 stroke, since Mike did not complete the last.)

BTW... It looked like a lot of people showed up to this race, and everyone that was there, racers and spectators, had a great time!:cool:

jlhughes750
05-19-2003, 06:31 AM
Man i wish i woulda gone, sounds like it was a blast. Oh well i got some things dun around the house, spent some time with my son outside playing. I even had some time left to put in 2 hours on the stocker sunday before it got dark. R they running anymore there this year?? Maybe next time. I was kinda catching up a little from the last GNCC & D6 double header.

c-ya soon
J

propartsracing
05-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Hey Marlin & Jason,

Yeah, it was fun. I'll have to go check out the other thread on this race. Sorry you couldn't go Jay, it was fun.

Nice meeting you again Marlin!

TTYS,

Trish

Ex'r Marlin
05-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Nice meeting you too Trish!:cool:

I still have not met Jason (jlhughes750), but I see his mug and articles in the District 6 news letter!:cool: Learned that I am not in his class... That is a good thing for me!

I am not sure if NJORVP is having another race there this year, but hopefully if they do, you will be notified!:)