PDA

View Full Version : Our camping weekend

dirtmomma
05-19-2003, 03:48 AM
Well we went camping this weekend & I got to take my 300 trail riding for the 1st time since I got it, & our 4 yr old got some good seat time in!!!! I've only had it racing so this was kinda nice for a change but it didn't last long:( We went out Sat. morning on about a 2 hr ride & my little guy(4 yr) rode like a champ, he did great on the trails & even the stuff where his Dad thought he would need help he DIDN'T!!! I was ready to go back to camp for a beverage & he's like NOPE I wanna keep riding Mom, so it was cool. I as cruising down a trail & kept hearing a tinking noise but figured it was the rocks hitting my quad, but I should of listened to my instinct cuz it was my bolts falling off of my sprocket!!!!! I had been tryin to pull a wheelie all morning( I'm an ex utility rider LOL) & FINALLY did it & the hubby was right there to see it for once but as soon as I came down I heard & felt it break!!!! We actually found two of the bolts & nuts which was a shocker cuz we were on a gravel road, but we didn't have the right tools w/ us so we tightened them finger tight & limped it home in 2nd. We had to go down this pretty steep hill (for the little guy) & my son did sooooo good especially for not having brakes!!! He stayed right behind Dad on the 300 (I was ont he 400 hehehe) & rode it out we were pretty proud of him. Then we ended up having to go get a strap & pull the 300 back cuz all the damn bolts fell out & we couldnt' find them!!!! Soooo I was done for the weekend on the 300 anyway, so I took the Kodiak out on a ride & OH MAN I felt sooooo wierd on it it was funny. But it's still an awesome quad & I would never get rid of it. Here's a couple pics of our weekend anyway, but no action shots this time.

dirtmomma
05-19-2003, 03:52 AM
Here's our toys on the trailer before unloading!!

dirtmomma
05-19-2003, 04:00 AM
Here's one of my son & his Dad doing what we call "beer bowling" LOL LOL

sly400ex
05-19-2003, 04:23 AM
Looks like fun!!!;)

Rip_Tear
05-20-2003, 12:12 PM
Sounds like fun, everything except the chain! Sounds like your son had a good time, whats with the brakes? Hope you have better luck next time, make sure you loctite those bolts in! Never hurts to stop and take a look around the quad :D and you should carry a tool kit on the bigger quads, then you would of had 2 pairs of pliers (or adjustable wrenches...) and you could have better tighten'd the bolts. Better luck next time!

dirtmomma
05-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Yep this is true.....about the tools. We did have the set from the Kodiak but nothing fit good enough. The brakes on the condor are cheesey so we're going to put hydraulic go kart brakes on it real soon here. Got all my parts today that set me back a bone, but I checked on the drive hub & that is $325:eek2: :eek2: so I'll wait on that & when I replace it I'll probably just get a durablue axle. So I'm off to fix it!!

06-13-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey dirtmomma you shouldn't try to tie down no 4-wheler by the chain. Thats prolly why your sprocket bolts broke out.

dirtmomma
06-14-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by froggigginmama
Hey dirtmomma you shouldn't try to tie down no 4-wheler by the chain. Thats prolly why your sprocket bolts broke out. :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

It's NOT tied down by the chain......that strap is too hold the chain & chit up for when we towed it back.

CHAUNCY
06-21-2003, 05:28 PM
That trailer looks tall:ermm:

dirtmomma
06-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
That trailer looks tall:ermm:

that trailer is tall!!! It's got a mobile home axle under it, it's nice for when we go camping though cuz the roads can get rough goin in.....we also have a low rider that we picked up to haul to the races so we don't have to take the big one w/ 1 or 2 quads on it, it used too look a little silly pulling up to the races w/ a little LT80 on there by itself.;)