PDA

View Full Version : shocks?

2000-440ex
05-18-2003, 08:08 PM
ok my quad is stock suspention wise i ride mx and only mx im ready to get in racing and need to get shocks i think im going to get works so i dont blow all my money but im not getting aarms for a lil while so can i get shocks to fit stock arms and still work for +2 arms later on? whats the difference if i dont get rezzies? what inch do i get? someone tell me exactly what i need to buy please lol

lil400exman
05-19-2003, 03:58 AM
well to run on stock a-arms right now you need a std travel 16 inch shock. Lt (long travel) shocks are 19 inch and require special a-arms. Works is good and you can rebuild it when performace goes down or if you want a heavier valved shock.Works is base shock and will not offer as good a ride as TCS PEP or ELKA or DE RISI OR CUSTOM AXIS these shocks are better for the money cause of the valving and componets. You need to revalve yor shock if your going from stock to plus 2 if you have your shock valved for a stock a-arm. they will be too soft and will bottom out horribly.I hink you should go for a arens lt pus 2 setup or even plus with tcs shocks. they seem liek a good combo to me. now for the rezzie issue. Rezzies will keep your shock working more consistant in jumping. If your going to ride mx it is a must! It keeps your shock oil kool and from mixing with the other shock properties and causing shock fade which i bet you know about from running your oem shocks on a mx track. They get bouncy and really bad overall............i hope this helped!

( i am running merrell extreme with a axis lt shock setup) {a-arms are plus 4 and shocks are 19 inches giving me over 12 inches of wheel travel};)