PDA

View Full Version : ever just had one of those "BAD DAYS".....

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Well, today was it!!:grr We had a full day planned to hit the track at Clay Peak when first, I get pulled over by a state trooper "claiming" I was speeding ( for once I wasnt!.lol):o I set it to cruise so I had to argue out of the ticket a little, then of course I cant find my darn Insurance papers >Well, he let me off after a little talk of ridng(He noticed my gear and struck up conversation) so whew...... I got out of the ticket,then...I show up to meet Troy and three of our friends that had never been to Clay peak before,by the time I get there,all of them BUT Troy had dumped it, one person hurt his back and one dislocated his shoulder:eek: . Then I get all excited to hit the track when...............IT SUCKED!! Iwas sooooo mad:mad: it was all torn up from the bikes riding in the mud all rutted out wel, we rode for a bit couldnt seem to get any really good pics this week:( well, then we decided to pack up and make a short trip to the local sand spot we always go to so we could get the Predators new pipe dialed in, things were better once wer got there until on the way home were driving down the dirt road when we here the BOOM!!!!!!!! in the back of the van, we looked back and if you can belienve it, someone out shooting there guns on the range hit our rig and shattered our back window out!!!:eek: :mad: So. off to talk to ANOTHER caop (two in one day is enough to last a life time for me :p ) to file a report ......grrrrrrrr vere just have one of those days??????? These are all my pics from today.... If any good came out of today I think were getting pretty close on the jetting heres one pic of the pipe coloring up a bit, they said it would stay mainly gold, but is coloring up a bit..

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:27 PM
:macho

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:28 PM
me landing.... grrrr one of these days he will time it right with the cam :grr

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:29 PM
heres my bud with his YZ250 he is the one who dislocated his shoulder......:(

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:30 PM
my other friend, he bit it too, but no injuries....;)

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Troy .. this pipe had to go to a jet size 190 and I think will need to go up a pilot too....:cool:

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:32 PM
another.......

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:32 PM
another one of the trinity pipe....

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:34 PM
heres one of my beautiful window.....:mad:

Glow Plug
05-18-2003, 04:35 PM
sounds like you guys had a horrible day, but atleast you got to ride :)

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:44 PM
LOL! True...Im glad the kids didnt go this trip they would have been in the back of my rig...That was pretty scary..:huh

Pappy
05-18-2003, 04:48 PM
damn QJ......im very glad yer kids werent in the back:(

there is some stuf called "blu-away" that may help them pipes:uhoh:

on a lighter note...here is the pic you asked for awhile back....

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
damn QJ......im very glad yer kids werent in the back:(

there is some stuf called "blu-away" that may help them pipes:uhoh:

on a lighter note...here is the pic you asked for awhile back.... Thanks Pappy!Cooll pic....;) Where and how much is this Blue away stuff? I would like to keep it lookin gold as much as possible...////Yeah it just urkes me when people go out shootin where there NOT suppose to be.:mad: They have all this land. and they have to pick here.....:( We went out last wk end capming with the kids, went areound a dune and here is a truck with guns pulled shooting targets...... I took my daughter back to camp until they left.

Pappy
05-18-2003, 04:55 PM
i think eastwood has it...among others www.eastwoodcompany.com

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 04:59 PM
i think eastwood has it...among others www.eastwoodcompany.com Have you used it before? Maybe Ill order me up some tomorrow....:) Thanks again...;)

Pappy
05-18-2003, 05:01 PM
i used it on my LRD after it got pretty blue one me...seems to work like a champ. id read it over real well and maybe call the pipe company to make sure it wont remove the gold tint too:eek: ;)

QuadJunkies
05-18-2003, 05:03 PM
i used it on my LRD after it got pretty blue one me...seems to work like a champ. id read it over real well and maybe call the pipe company to make sure it wont remove the gold tint too:eek: ;) :eek2: good idea.....Ill call them first....

05-18-2003, 05:48 PM
on the way home were driving down the dirt road when we here the BOOM!!!!!!!! in the back of the van, we looked back and if you can belienve it, someone out shooting there guns on the range hit our rig and shattered our back window out!!! Wow I dont like them vans much but to shoot out the window is nuts :D :eek:

Just curious if the pipe helped the predators week arse bottom end power? I have a friend that picked one up recently and it just laughed at you till it got into the upper mid range.

As always nice story and pics Tina.

SGA
05-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Wow, you did have a bad day! Im just glad no one was hurt when that bullet hit your back window. :eek: Could have been a lot worse. Maybe it wasn't such a bad day after all?
I see the blue on the pipe, It might be a tad lean that dark. What color is your plug? The plug tip, and the insulator around the center electrode should be a light tan color. Double check with trinity and see what jets they recommend for your quad and airbox mods if any.
Of course, every chrome pipe I have ever seen, turns blue like that right where it comes out of the engine.

QuadJunkies
05-19-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Wow, you did have a bad day! Im just glad no one was hurt when that bullet hit your back window. :eek: Could have been a lot worse. Maybe it wasn't such a bad day after all?
I see the blue on the pipe, It might be a tad lean that dark. What color is your plug? The plug tip, and the insulator around the center electrode should be a light tan color. Double check with trinity and see what jets they recommend for your quad and airbox mods if any.
Of course, every chrome pipe I have ever seen, turns blue like that right where it comes out of the engine. oh, its DEF. lean thats why I think the 190 will do the trick.;) at stock, its a 150 so it went up alot,that pipe is when it was at a 180.. the plug is still reading on the lean side and the top end has a slight crackle so he is going to call Trinity and ask them where to go if the 190 isnt enough,honestly, they are still learning the jetting themselves on this pipe since its so new, we are only one of three at time of purchace to get it,so they asked us to keep them up to date on jetting,we got a Dyno jet kit and have went up as high as they gave us,but I think the Dyno is tested with a aibox and thats where we are a little off,because we went DYNO with a K&N direct to carb.....:eek: Lenny, YES.......... This pip0e opened up bottom,top and mid. He done some drag racin gosh I wish I had the cam then, he raced a Shee and a Rappy, and kicked butt!:macho .But, we all know its not just the quad so some of it may have been rider too out of fairness, He is going to throw a 13 tooth on there to help some too.Theres a few tricks to give it more pep;) it has a slower start ,but it has no prol catchin up in mid,but the pipe is a big help................:)

300exjuggalo
05-19-2003, 02:34 AM
glad to see your ok... nice new plastics on 400ex did a good job.. well out

Jason

QuadJunkies
05-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by 300exjuggalo
glad to see your ok... nice new plastics on 400ex did a good job.. well out

Jason Thanks Jason..;)

JOEX
05-19-2003, 02:53 AM
WOW! That was quite a day:eek2:

Think of it this way....The worst day ridding is better than the best day at work:p (except for the getting shot at part:mad: )

Great pics once again:)

Joe

Ryan300exRider
05-19-2003, 02:54 AM
You think u had it bad??!! oh boy listen 2 this......Well it was like my 4th time ridin my 400 and i was climbing a hill called killer....well i was goin fine till i hit a rock and my foot shifted down into 2nd and it just dug a rut...I then tried to get off n dig myself out BAD IDEA the quad rolled out of the rut and right before my eyes rolled down about a 100 yard hill:( When i went to get it the steering stem had snapped and plastics cracked ... anyways i hauled her back to my house and decieded 2 play basketball that nite with about 40 people in a tournament...another bad idea...i was playing and i got tripped up and went to catch myself but my elbow just snapped ... :( so i spent the nite in the hospital and now im in a cast for 8 weeks with a fractured elbow and ripped tendons .... :grr I think i got ya beat {:o)

QuadJunkies
05-19-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
WOW! That was quite a day:eek2:

Think of it this way....The worst day ridding is better than the best day at work:p (except for the getting shot at part:mad:)

Great pics once again:)

Joe LMAO... Well you got that right!:p except I have to pay for that window, so even the worst day at work wont cost me money...;)

QuadJunkies
05-19-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Ryan300exRider
You think u had it bad??!! oh boy listen 2 this......Well it was like my 4th time ridin my 400 and i was climbing a hill called killer....well i was goin fine till i hit a rock and my foot shifted down into 2nd and it just dug a rut...I then tried to get off n dig myself out BAD IDEA the quad rolled out of the rut and right before my eyes rolled down about a 100 yard hill:( When i went to get it the steering stem had snapped and plastics cracked ... anyways i hauled her back to my house and decieded 2 play basketball that nite with about 40 people in a tournament...another bad idea...i was playing and i got tripped up and went to catch myself but my elbow just snapped ... :( so i spent the nite in the hospital and now im in a cast for 8 weeks with a fractured elbow and ripped tendons .... :grr I think i got ya beat {:o) Ive had two compound fractures of my elbow and a nasty scar to boot.. You did have a bad day!:eek: I wish you a speedy recovery...

dirtmomma
05-19-2003, 03:16 AM
Damn Tina that is a crappy weekend!!! Thanks God your kids weren't w/ you FOR SURE!!!! I HATE it when we go camping & you pull up on someone shooting!!! Our friends go shooting but when they go we usually stay at camp till they return. Anyway glad everyone is ok. We went camping this weekend & I got to take my 300 out on the trail for the 1st time & LOVED IT I wasn't sure I would like it on the trails cuz I'm so used to my Kodiak but no chance of that, I even did my 1st wheelie!!!!! I was all happy until I came back down & my sprocket came off:eek2: :o :eek: :grr luckily I wasn't going fast otherwise I probably would of lost my side case but instead I just lost the bolts, found a couple of them luckily & we limped it back to camp but then we lost all the bolts but one so I had to take the kids back to camp & get a strap & the Kodiak to pull it back:( of course we didn't have spare parts so I was done for the weekend, so I just sat & drank brewskies & looked at it LOL. I wish eveyone on here could of seen my 4 yr old on his Condor, we went on almost a 2 hr ride & he didn't get stuck or tired out once man he is a TROOPER!!! He was bummin that Mom broke hehe Didn't get any action pics though cuz it was a soggy ride didn't want to ruin the camera but I got some of camp maybe I'll post one of them for the heck of it.

la400ex
05-19-2003, 03:38 AM
Dang, that does sound like a pretty bad day for you, quadjunkies and ryan300ex. My first love decided she would break up with me saturday night so i have been having it pretty rough. I have never been through anything like this. It SUCKS. I am a competitive powerlifter so my keeping my weight up is important. I lost 10 pounds already from not eating. I just dont have an appetite.

QuadJunkies
05-19-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by la400ex
Dang, that does sound like a pretty bad day for you, quadjunkies and ryan300ex. My first love decided she would break up with me saturday night so i have been having it pretty rough. I have never been through anything like this. It SUCKS. I am a competitive powerlifter so my keeping my weight up is important. I lost 10 pounds already from not eating. I just dont have an appetite. :( Im sorry to hear that.....Just try to keep busy, it will help keep your mind off things.....;)

QuadJunkies
05-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Damn Tina that is a crappy weekend!!! Thanks God your kids weren't w/ you FOR SURE!!!! I HATE it when we go camping & you pull up on someone shooting!!! Our friends go shooting but when they go we usually stay at camp till they return. Anyway glad everyone is ok. We went camping this weekend & I got to take my 300 out on the trail for the 1st time & LOVED IT I wasn't sure I would like it on the trails cuz I'm so used to my Kodiak but no chance of that, I even did my 1st wheelie!!!!! I was all happy until I came back down & my sprocket came off:eek2: :o :eek: :grr luckily I wasn't going fast otherwise I probably would of lost my side case but instead I just lost the bolts, found a couple of them luckily & we limped it back to camp but then we lost all the bolts but one so I had to take the kids back to camp & get a strap & the Kodiak to pull it back:( of course we didn't have spare parts so I was done for the weekend, so I just sat & drank brewskies & looked at it LOL. I wish eveyone on here could of seen my 4 yr old on his Condor, we went on almost a 2 hr ride & he didn't get stuck or tired out once man he is a TROOPER!!! He was bummin that Mom broke hehe Didn't get any action pics though cuz it was a soggy ride didn't want to ruin the camera but I got some of camp maybe I'll post one of them for the heck of it. Kym, I think you should post a few pics !:D I would love to see them, my kids have never been trailing befroe bUt Im thinking of taking them up this memorial wk end up to a ghost town called Silver city if so, Ill take some pics as weel, my kids get tired onthe the throddle, but are getting better , I keep the throddle padded to help.. sucks you broek down, so............ Did you drown your sorrows and get lit instead? LOL:o

dirtmomma
05-19-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Kym, I think you should post a few pics !:D I would love to see them, my kids have never been trailing befroe bUt Im thinking of taking them up this memorial wk end up to a ghost town called Silver city if so, Ill take some pics as weel, my kids get tired onthe the throddle, but are getting better , I keep the throddle padded to help.. sucks you broek down, so............ Did you drown your sorrows and get lit instead? LOL:o

Hey Tina well I posted a couple under trail talk, Yeah the little guy does get a sore thumb but I think we are goin to try & either rig something up on his thumb throttle or we just might put a twist on it. Thats cool that you pad them for the kids could you do mine hahaha I have a hella time while I'm racing w/ a sore thumb but it's getting better didn't even hurt this weekend the riding that I did GET to do so I suppose when I'm racing I'm probably holding on for dear life LOL.......YEP YOU bet I drownded them quad sorrows!!!:blah OH I bet the kids will love trail riding can't wait to see the pics. Yeah we are heading back up to the campground Wed. we leave tents in our spot & have someone watch the stuff till we get back. Soooo I'm sure I'll have some good pics next week after the long weekend!!!!

05-19-2003, 10:57 AM
man, it seemed like u were SOL. i get chased by the cops all the time in west virgina but i always get away. im gonna have to get another quad soon so they will stop chasing me.

05-19-2003, 11:21 AM
man, it seemed like u were SOL. i get chased by the cops all the time in west virgina but i always get away. im gonna have to get another quad soon so they will stop chasing me.