PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a used FCR 39

Dune Surfer
05-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Well I sold off some stuff and I'm looking for a carb. If anybody has one for a good price let me know. Can trade a stock carb and cash if someone is selling their aftermarket parts.

Dune Surfer
05-19-2003, 06:22 PM
bump

05-19-2003, 10:47 PM
I am in the same boat as you but I have givin up looking for a good used one.

Just seems people think there used stuff is made of gold (yea you know who you are lol) and since I have not seen one less than 50.00 lower than what I can get a new one from C&D and deff prefer the new one.

Unless you can find one priced right (300.00 or less) I dont think its worth dealing with someones used stuff that has been messed with since you dont know what your getting etc.

Sorry to all the peeps that paid too much and think selling their used up stuff for 375.00 is a deal :blah

JD400exrider
05-20-2003, 03:10 PM
AMEN 440ex4me, I have been thinking of getting a a fcr 39 also. I have been finding the same thing you are. 350- 375.00 for a used one. For 50.00 bucks more a new one coming pre jetted makes a whole lot more sence. There is one that just sold on e bay for 300.00 at a buy it now. If the sob does not run right, your stck trying to get figured out or sending it to a shop to get re worked. To me it is not worth the 100.00 dollar savings.

General Info
I did talk to scott at sparks racing yesterday on the carb mod verses the fcr 39.
The carb mod gives good gains from low end through the top end.
The fcr does the same but Better than the mod stock carb in the mid to top range.

The stock carb mod has better throttle responce than the fcr 39.
He said for tight woods the stock carb mod would be better.
If your riding in open areas sand, fire roads, drags the fcr is going to outperm the stock mod.
The price difference is 175.00 on the carb mod. versus 450 fcr 39
at sparks racing
They apparently remove the choke, bore it out and do a few other things. It basicly goes from a 34 to a 36 mm flat side.

Sorry for the long reply. Thought you and dune surfer may be interested. Dune surfer i think you are near sparks racing.

05-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the input :)

Now if we could find out those other little things or secrets that I bet make all the difference. :D