PDA

View Full Version : never let idiots ride your bros quad.

rider250ex
05-18-2003, 02:56 PM
i was out riding today with my bros banshee today. we were all having so much fun but one of my friends kept bugging me to let him ride the banshee. after listening to him complaing for a few hours i let him ride. about 30 seconds after i let him take it my other friend comes back and says that the kid rolled the quad. when i get it back it had a flat tire, the handle bars were bend into the gas cap and the front of the frame was bent back. i guess he tried to show off and whip it in some super tackey wet clay chit. if your goin to show off at least know what your doin. well i guess the lesson of the story is dont liet idiots ride your bros quad.

flyin#5
05-18-2003, 03:03 PM
i dont let anyone i dont know very well or dont trust touch my quad. usually we switch quads just for a little change when me and my friends go riding so its kind of even.

rider250ex
05-18-2003, 03:11 PM
well i have know the kid for like 10 years but he trys to show off and be cool but he isnt and he is bad at riding. i thought i could trust him. i am not lettin anyone touch my quads agian

Brad
05-18-2003, 03:16 PM
rule # one when bringing friends with you

make sure they have something of equal or greater value that they are willing to sacrifice incase of unintended results

the only kids who i let ride are the ones who will pay for it or have better bikes

AtvMxRider
05-18-2003, 03:23 PM
That is why NOBODY rides my quad.

Dune Surfer
05-18-2003, 03:28 PM
The very first day I had my brand new 02 my idiot worker crashed it after I told him to be carefull. Cost him all new plastics, handlebars, steering stem. And me being really pissed off. He has a Z400 now. He has had it about six months and it is thrashed. Some people are just stupid I guess.:grr :confused2 :ermm: :scary:

crap-banshee32
05-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Brad
rule # one when bringing friends with you

make sure they have something of equal or greater value that they are willing to sacrifice incase of unintended results

the only kids who i let ride are the ones who will pay for it or have better bikes

haha, true!!!!
thats how ya do it!!

SGA
05-19-2003, 12:53 AM
I bet your brother is angry. Oh well, lesson learned. I guess you will be forking out some cash if your friend does not.

05-19-2003, 09:42 AM
hell yeah. i dont let any1 but three of my friends who have the same amount of experience as me and i know i can trust them but i dont let any1 but them drive after my mom wrecked my quad. i most definitly dont let my 15 year old friend ride my 400 because he drives too wild and slung me off when i let him drive and he fliped my uncle's honda fourtrax. he acts like he has the most experience but his experience is in the negative's.

lil400exman
05-19-2003, 09:46 AM
gosh quite nasty i have gven up for my friends riding atv's well excpet for the ones who ride.................;)

Brad
05-19-2003, 09:55 AM
i once rode my friends dads r and almost wrecked it through a tree (dem dam +2 a arms) and thank god i didnt cause i didnt have a bike and i would have been laid back in buyin my quad for a while. so the lesson is if ya dont got collateral or money then dont ride

also i sold my bike for 15 minutes for 20$,

it was my freind and he was really good at one point and broke his arm and wanted to ride so bad.

never under any circumstance let anyone who has never ridin with a clutch either, my fried almost burned mine on the 2nd day riding and when i noticed he had no idea was a clutch was i pulled him over with his breeze and said get the fook off my bike

monkeyboy
05-19-2003, 09:58 AM
2 latte:(

honda400exrider
05-19-2003, 10:22 AM
I have never had a problem letting people drive my quads. I let my worker drive it around for less than 3 minutes, and i guess he knew what he was doing for 15 bucks:devil Luckily no accidents or i would have to kick some major ars!

blondie69
05-19-2003, 10:30 AM
i got another word of advise....

never let your brothers idiot friends drive your quad:eek2: :eek2: been there done that. he was treating it more hardcore in that 1hr then i did the whole time i owned it. and this dude was about 230 pds and he was goin up on 2 side wheels around corners n stuff and i remember jus there watchin waiting for something to break....i was lucky...i don't think i remember him breakin anything

SGA
05-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Brad
also i sold my bike for 15 minutes for 20$,
it was my freind and he was really good at one point and broke his arm and wanted to ride so bad.

Dang, If you were my friend, and I ran out of gas and called you, how much would you charge me?:D ;)