PDA

View Full Version : it dies

gasit400
05-18-2003, 02:22 PM
i have been working on the jetting lately and i thought i had it nailed down pretty good. but i was riding down an acess road at 3/4 throttle and it died. if i ride for more than 30 seconds at 1/2 throttle or more it dies. less than half it is fine. any ideas? by the way how long does it usually take for service honda orders to arrive?
thanks

norrisboat
05-18-2003, 02:24 PM
my guess would be your running too rich..... but what do i know.... im no expert at engines. good luck

gasit400
05-18-2003, 04:02 PM
why would that cause it to die it would start fine after it set for a few min.

SGA
05-18-2003, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you're running out of fuel to the carb. Engines that have this problem will run ok for a bit, then just sputter and die. let them sit a few, and they start right back up. the harder you get on the gas, the faster they will die. Pull the fuel hose off at the carb, turn on the gas. You should have good flow, check reserve also. I believe there is a filter in the tank above the valve. If it flows good, check for something in the carb fuel inlet, check all the way to the needle valve. Sometimes something will get caught in the small hole, right above the needle valve.
Let us know what you find.

300exjuggalo
05-19-2003, 03:02 AM
what he said

gasit400
05-19-2003, 05:07 AM
i checked it out last night and it was the plastic ring around the main jets interfearing wiht the float. everything is good now. do you guys know how long service honda usually takes to deliver?

SGA
05-19-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by gasit400
i checked it out last night and it was the plastic ring around the main jets interfearing wiht the float. everything is good now. do you guys know how long service honda usually takes to deliver?
I thought about that, but fiqured it would run rough all the time with the float catching, so i did not mention it.:rolleyes:
It takes me about a week to get parts from servive honda.

gasit400
05-19-2003, 11:16 AM
thanks.