PDA

View Full Version : first harescramble

dirtriderex
05-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Today I ran my first race yet and it was fun. It was at fox valley megacross and UI was woundering what kind of mods or techniques I need to know to be fast. And does any one know of any harescrambles in the northern Illinois area?

Carl Nevins
05-18-2003, 01:48 PM
i ran my first harescramble a couple of weeks ago in Taylorville,Illinois near Springfield. i have an 02' 400 mostly stock. I'm not sure of any more north but casey, il also runs h.s. next is the 25th.

infantry317
05-18-2003, 02:03 PM
I did my first XC 2 weeks ago, a 2hr race. All I can say is physical endurance and a machine you can handle (good shocks and a stabilizer help a lot). I'm 275lbs on my 400ex and I passed guys ten years younger and on bigger machines (Preds and Raptors) that just got wore out by them.
Good luck bro,
Scott

dirtriderex
05-18-2003, 11:40 PM
Yeah endurance is right, I have the endurance cause I run 45 min or 6.5 mile every other day and lift weights. Do you think razor tires are good because they seemed to hook up so much that in tight corners i would flip up sideways instead of sliding around the corner.

infantry317
05-19-2003, 12:55 AM
I like my Razr's, they dig in a little much in the corners but I think that's mostly because of weight, so I try to get up over the bars a little. I like mine, also, use your front brake more than the rear, it'll drop the front end in the corner and make the front tires dig in better.