PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problems

Chanman420q
05-18-2003, 11:26 AM
I was riding today, and i stopped to talk to someone on the trail. Well when i went to take off i turn the key and go to hit the start button.... nothing. So im okay, i thought maybe it was the kill switch. it wasnt on but it will woulda tried to start. So i go and look at my wires and such to look for any obvious reasons. Couldnt find a thing. Also when it first wouldnt start i thought maybe i wasnt in neutral, so i clicked around my light would not go on. So i pulled the clutch in and still nothing. So finnaly me and this other kid push it up this hill and bump start it. It did start. And i was able to ride out of there. When i put it in neutral ( when it was running ) the light would not go on, unless my headlights were turned on. And the neutral light and my headlights ( in low and high possition ) make a constant flickering. And when i turn the lights off the neutral light goes off. I also hit the start button when it was running to see if it would make that squirly noice. Nothing. Another thing the trails are reallly wet. Huge puddles. but the thing is, right before it happend i wasnt really in the wet sections. And i had stopped many times before that and it started perfectly. I think it might be my starter. Im not sure tho. Also my battery is brand new, only 2 rides on it. Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be wrong? :(

norrisboat
05-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Here is what happened to your bike. You blew your fuse. Thats right go and check your fuse. Its next to your battery. So what happened to your bike??? You have a short somewhere in your wires that use your headlights or rear light. Check all the wires for those two things. My short was next to my air box. My air box was being held on by a bungee cord and the constant jumping and bumps rubbed against the wire and eventually exposed the wire to the frame.

I have also heard of peopel having shorts way up in where the headlight and wires connect. Check there too.

I am 100 percent positive you have an exposed wire shorting onto your frame.

Chanman420q
05-18-2003, 01:26 PM
what would cause the fuse to blow

ZRider400
05-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
what would cause the fuse to blow

who cares just fuc### check it:)

i told u to do that on aim.....now go do it....jeez.

Chanman420q
05-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ZRider400
who cares just fuc### check it:)

i told u to do that on aim.....now go do it....jeez.

yes massa... please dont wip me :( :( :(

:devil

Chanman420q
05-18-2003, 02:05 PM
ok for anyone who was nervous that my quad may never be started electricly again, u can stop now... i only blew a fuse :devil

norrisboat
05-18-2003, 02:27 PM
well your gonna blow another one and another one until you decide to check your damn wiring like I said.

What would cause your quad to blow a fuse????? I told ya. You have some exposed wire grounding out on your frame. basic electricity 101. First class is tomorrow.