PDA

View Full Version : Which bearings?

Sportrax10
05-18-2003, 04:32 AM
My bearings are bad. Should I order OEM bearings from Servicehonda.com or is there any special aftermarket kind? I wanted to get ones from sevice honda because I needed to order dust seals too. Is there any other things like the dust seals that I should replace with the new bearings? And since I have a new thread, where should I grease inside the bearing carrier and what grease should I buy for it? Thanks:blah

trailburner
05-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Pivot Works bearings [better than stock] $50 [bearings & seals] from RockyMountain atv 1-800-336-5437 there are cheaper ones out there but there junk!!....

Sportrax10
05-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Is stock good though?, because I wanted to order from one place. Or is it worth it to just get them from separete places?

trailburner
05-18-2003, 02:29 PM
stock bearings are good but there like $80, when you order bearings you get the dust seals with them[like if you decide to get pivot works]

300EX_HMF
05-18-2003, 02:57 PM
i got bearings that are called "ALL BALLS RACING PRODUCTS" it even came with a cool sticker! anyone herd of em?

Sportrax10
05-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by trailburner
stock bearings are good but there like $80, when you order bearings you get the dust seals with them[like if you decide to get pivot works]
oh thats good. I didnt even think of that. Thanks for the help, ill be ordering Pivit works from Rocky mountain atv tommarrow.

Now I need to know about what grease to use and where to put it. Since I have a thread, whats that white grease that you get when you order a DID chain? What can I use in its stead because I lost it.