PDA

View Full Version : Gps

Max400
05-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Does any one here have a GPS and use it to trail ride? I'd like to get one for the fireroads so I don't get lost......

Dune Surfer
05-18-2003, 07:18 AM
I had e-trex venture last year and returned it because it would turn its self off while riding. This year I'm going to get a maggelan sport. You can get a handlebar mount and your all set. they work great. They will give you a direction arrow to any waypoint and a map of your route

Woodsrider
05-18-2003, 10:43 AM
so far I have had mixed results with my garmin 45. If the woods get too thick I loose the signals. and on trails with alot of turns it stops logging them after 250. But for the most part, I am pretty happy with it. I got it for $25 brand new still in the box, at an estate sale:eek2:

Rip_Tear
05-18-2003, 11:30 AM
The GPS that you can map your trails on is pretty cool. It holds the way points, so you just keep taking way points and it connects them all :D I want to get one and do that and hook it up to the computer so I have a map of my trails :D

marksuttonjr
05-18-2003, 04:33 PM
I have a Garmin Rino 110. It has a built in FRS GMRS radio. It has only lost reception in 2 places where I hunt and ride so far and only for a few hundred yard at both places. The 2 places it lost reception were in deep valleys with realy thick cover so I would say it is a prety good GPS - radio. I gave $170 for it at Wal Mart.