PDA

View Full Version : 440kit help

quadgod440ex
05-17-2003, 07:10 AM
hey guys i am planning on getting an 89.5mm piston with a stage 2 cam .....ive heard that 440's arnt worth it but then again i heard they are.......right now my mods are sparks x6 full exhaust..white bros rev box...k&n open air box...jetted carb(no choke)now if i were to do this would i need a bigger carb?? hardened face rockers?? port and polish?? has anyone ever had problems with the 440's? or heard of any? if u think this would be a nice setup please let me no thanks i need to no asap thanks guys give me some tips

tprender
05-17-2003, 01:21 PM
I have a 440 in mine right now. I have heard if it is done right that the 416 kits will run right with the 440's. If you do get the 440, make sure it is the one that can be over bored, but there is only 1 overbore. Also, it is best to put in long helicoils in the cyclinder. In palce of the stock studs, put in bolts for them. The front is 90mm and the rear is 110mm long. Make sure that they are grade 5 or harder. If you want you can buy the aftermarket bolt kit for $100. You will hear about people blowning head gaskets. The reason is that the stock head bolts(only 4) will not hold in the cyclinder with the extra compression. You will have better luck with the lower compression piston and you will only need to run 50/50 gas. These are some things that I found out from mine.