PDA

View Full Version : Tips for first day at mx track?

Dune Surfer
05-17-2003, 06:02 AM
I'm going to a mx track for the first time and want some tips. Anything that might help would be welcome.:)

AtvMxRider
05-17-2003, 06:14 AM
Rubber side down;) . Best advice I can give you is just be careful and not do anything you don't feel comfortable with. Remember its not worth getting hurt over a $5 trophy.

shiftybone22
05-17-2003, 06:55 AM
make sure u have a rear number plate, lights are removed, and most importantly keep track of when your race is. they wont come looking for u if u arent there on time. also check out the top racers at the track, u will learn a lot from them.

Derek
05-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Best advice I can give that they havent already would be.....Once you tell yoruself your going to do a jump, commit. I went up to a jump strong my first race but chickened out last second and i payed for it.

AtvMxRider
05-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Derek
Best advice I can give that they havent already would be.....Once you tell yoruself your going to do a jump, commit. I went up to a jump strong my first race but chickened out last second and i payed for it.

Amen.. It's better to over shoot the jump than come up short.

sweet300ex
05-17-2003, 07:49 AM
dont do anything your not capable of

ex kid
05-17-2003, 05:21 PM
walk the track if you can. dont do anything tiring before ur race,make sure ur bike is is perfect running order and throw a little roost and have fun

JUSTINcredible
05-18-2003, 05:52 PM
the most important thing is to have fun.. i got dead last and almost lapped my first race but i had tons of fun.. once you get out there try and relax and keep an eye open around for diffrent lines and such.. sometimes i get tunnel vision when i race and dont notice anything besides right in front of me and its better to look ahead and see what you got coming....... good luck!

Fast250EX
05-19-2003, 11:05 AM
I wanna race at Blackrock in KY, some of you may know where that is. I am only 14 though and have a 250EX so I am not exactly the best equipped on the track. I just would love to race. If I knew they would let me race, I would start loadin up on racing stuff. I heard you have to have a kill-switch and I don't have one. I think I could do pretty good. My 250EX is still a stocker for now but 335 bucks is waiting to be spent.

I would like to get into the racing scene, just for kicks.

nacs400ex
05-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Well if your just going for a practice day and not racing. Well never say one more lap or you will pay the price. I used to say that all the time and everytime I would say it I would screw myself up or my quad. But dont try anything you know you cant do, but #1 thing is have fun.