PDA

View Full Version : What's the best back rim size for MX?

AAAirbooorn
05-17-2003, 12:55 AM
I will be using a stock axle w/ 2" spacers all around,a pipe @ jetting. I want to go with 18" holeshots onthe back and 20" Razrs up front.

05-17-2003, 03:50 PM
okay first of all U GOTTA GET RID OF THE SPACERS if you are going to get off of the ground. You will end up breaking something and hurting your slef. The best most common used is a 8" rear rim. most people use turf tamers on them. alot of people use .190s and beadlocks too its all up to u.

stocktires
05-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Alright, basically, there is no "best" rear wheel size to run.
I've ran an 8", 9", and 10". Here's my reviews:

8"
Will give you a very soft ride, yet when trying to pitch your quad sideways you wont feel confident. The sidewall is very large compared to a bigger wheels tires, and sometimes the taller tires will want to all of a sudden catch and slig ya (been there, done that crap). So basically, they ride smooth, but suck as far as turning.

9"
Best of both worlds! Nice smooth ride, and the sidewall is small enough to where you can sling the quad sideways and have awesome control over it. This is my favorite size, and I'll never switch back!

10"
I'm currentyl running 10" rears on my 300ex with 18" holeshots. Basically, this set-up is extremely stable in the corners! But hold on, cuz they're ruff for sure!

It all depends on the track you ride at. If its a ruff track, then I'd run 8" rear. If its extremely smooth, I'd run 10". Anywhere in between, I'd run my 9".
So if you only wana buy one set of rear tires and wheels, I'd say get the 9", you wont be dissapointed!

Mxbubs
05-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Had them all. Got the 9" hyper rears right now, really like them the best.:macho