PDA

View Full Version : What do you need for a XC race?

coryatver
05-16-2003, 03:10 PM
I am going to race in my first gncc race pretty soon. I was wondering what stuff should I bring? I got my quad ready to go but what spare parts should I have? What do you guys use to fill up fast? If you are a novice racer do you have to have number plates? sorry for the newbie questions i just want to be prepared. Thanks.

funluckey
05-16-2003, 03:53 PM
There is not alot of time for changing parts, extra tires are good to have, you probably won't need to stop for gas but if you do a cheap quick way to fill is with a milk jug. turn it over in the tank and squeez. You don't have to have a number in the novice class they will assign you one. Its best to have a number if you are running the series. Go to www.gnccracing.com and look at the faq or how to get started section this should answer alot of your questions.

quadracer12
05-16-2003, 07:49 PM
funlucky,
you forgot to tell him bout your analgestic secret:p :devil

coryatver
05-18-2003, 03:57 AM
Is using a milk jug legal?

sweet300ex
05-18-2003, 04:14 AM
http://www.gnccracing.com/frameset.htm

check that out

gncc571
05-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
Is using a milk jug legal?
yes it is legal, you can use what ever you want

popo
05-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Cory- I was once there myself. Asking a bunch of questions. O wait I still do, How I can I go faster.

First things first. Get a couple sets of goggles with tear off or roll offs. A kill switch is needed. Milk jug is fine. Just review over the rules on the GNCC website. Just make sure every nut and bolt is tight cause, monkeyboy will steal them.

Registration is a simple, The GNCC folks will help you out with any missing info. And if you race in the morning 1st yr racer class. Just make sure when you hear a SCREAMING WOMEN...."MOVE" cause they are fast as hell and will run yur *** over.

I suck, but I still go out and have fun, that's what counts.

Go see Johnny G for his autograph. He looks like a little Italian mobster in the pro pit area. HMF trailer. You might even see Rod Stewart.

lshonda310
05-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by popo
Cory- I was once there myself. Asking a bunch of questions. O wait I still do, How I can I go faster.

First things first. Get a couple sets of goggles with tear off or roll offs. A kill switch is needed. Milk jug is fine. Just review over the rules on the GNCC website. Just make sure every nut and bolt is tight cause, monkeyboy will steal them.

Registration is a simple, The GNCC folks will help you out with any missing info. And if you race in the morning 1st yr racer class. Just make sure when you hear a SCREAMING WOMEN...."MOVE" cause they are fast as hell and will run yur *** over.

I suck, but I still go out and have fun, that's what counts.

Go see Johnny G for his autograph. He looks like a little Italian mobster in the pro pit area. HMF trailer. You might even see Rod Stewart.

don't forget to tell him about all the trick chrome he will need. doesn't that let the air flow better and the mud won't stick to it?

crap-banshee32
05-19-2003, 04:30 PM
you, your quad, and extra gas!!!!

popo
05-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by lshonda310
don't forget to tell him about all the trick chrome he will need. doesn't that let the air flow better and the mud won't stick to it?

Piff, too bad the rider isn’t fast!!!!

Maybe I should chrome myself. Id look like the Tin Man on wizard of OZ. Knowing my luck the chrome process would fail and Id turn out like one of Willy Wanka’s oomph loumpa’s blue munchkins.

Bill Fuller
05-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Muscle and plent of it 2hrs is a long time:muscle: Extra gas if you don't have an oversized tank,extra goggles and gloves(if you pit)In my opinion tires can be a waste of time cause if you get a flat by the time you fight that beast back to the pits and change it you will be beat,time wise and physically.I'm not saying I would not change a flat but if I'm not racing points than it's time to reflect and watch the race(and drink beer).Just concetrate on finishing and try to have fun checck that bike for any loose bolts and LOCTITE them use DIELECTRIC greese on all electic connections and make sure that airbox is water proof.

cdalejef
05-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Hey Bill.....what happens if you break a steering stem? Do you change that?:p

Bill Fuller
05-20-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Hey Bill.....what happens if you break a steering stem? Do you change that?:p Yea the night before your next race at about 2:30 am while still cussing about that thing giving up on a man.:D

cdalejef
05-20-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Yea the night before your next race at about 2:30 am while still cussing about that thing giving up on a man.:D ROTFLMAO!!!

coryatver
05-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the tips. I will have to pick up some new goggles. I think I will hold off on the chrome.

LapTraffic
05-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Im new to this stuff too and I'll tell you, these forums are a wealth of information. I can honestly say I would not be racing if it were not for this site and Cannondaleriders.com

Set a suitable goal, Like finishing the race and dont forget to have fun, the whole thing will be over before you know it.