PDA

View Full Version : Got some goodies!

F-16Guy
05-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Well, after 2 1/2 years, I figured it was time to strip down the ol' 400 and grease a few things. In the process, I ended up with some new parts (imagine that). Here we go...
- fresh rebuild on the 416, including a new Carrillo rod, heavy duty timing chain, and a valve job (sending to ProFab on Monday)
- Trail Tech Big Bar Logo kit w/ X-Bar
- A/C bumper and skidplate
- axle bearings
- steering stem (stock)
- top end oil cooler kit from Perma-Cool
- Rad Mfg wave rear brake rotor
- new EBC pads all around

The top end cooler kit looks very similar to the FST one, but it's about $50 less. The Carrillo rod will be good insurance, plus the crank is getting welded. I'm hoping to get 3-5 years from it this time, I just need to quit letting other people ride it! I'll try to get some pics when it's done.
I'm pumped about the rebuild. Scott is good people. He always answers my questions right away, and I've heard good things about his work.

JD400exrider
05-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a good plan F16 I have talked to scott at pro fab also. He seems like a good guy. Are you going to have him port the head also? If your splitting the cases for the rod and crank. Stroking it should not be a whole lot more.

F-16Guy
05-17-2003, 04:05 AM
No stroker for me, I'm happy with the power that my bike makes. I just wanted to build some reliability into it. I've seen what happens when that piece of crap stock rod breaks, and it ain't purdy. I may have Scott do a clean-up port while he has the head apart, but I don't think a full port would do much good unless I had a 440 or better, especially with a stock carb.

AlaskaSpeed
05-17-2003, 04:07 AM
Looking forward to the finished pics...sounds like you have a great plan going......JIM