PDA

View Full Version : AC company s--ks

copracer522
05-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Ordered Ac propegs from one the companies that advertises in dirtwheels magazine over 7 weeks ago. I let three weeks go by and they call ac while I am on hold, when the guy comes back to the phone he says that the AC guy said they would be shipped on the 20th of april, well its now the 16th called them today and once again the guy called ac .... again he says ac said they will ship any day...... the company charged my credit card over 6 weeks ago. now I am ppaying interest on something I dont have. told the guy I would give them one more week then will go elsewere for another brand. I just wish that the people at AC would at least give a straight answer.

AtvMxRider
05-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Why are you *****ing about AC when you bought them from another company? You should be mad at the people you bought them from. I don't see how it's ac's fault.:huh

copracer522
05-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Because ac has been telling them that they will be shipped any day, this has been going on for 7 weeks, that is why I blame AC...

AtvMxRider
05-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Who did you order them from? Were they backordered or something? Sorry I'm just trying to understand the deal.

copracer522
05-16-2003, 11:07 AM
yes originally they were back ordered, and ac said that they would be shipped out on the 20th of April.

400MXer
05-16-2003, 11:08 AM
It must be the company you ordered them from. I ordered my new propegs direct from AC may 1st, they told me they were on backorder and it would be 4-6weeks, well i just got them two days ago. So it was only two weeks.

copracer522
05-16-2003, 11:11 AM
What did you pay for them?

Juggalo
05-16-2003, 11:37 AM
i have had an awesome experience with AC. i doubt its them screwin you over. i say you cancel your order with whoever you are buyin them from and buy directly from AC or from atv addiction.

copracer522
05-16-2003, 12:14 PM
I have to apologize to AC. Just got off the phone with the company I ordered them from and cancelled with them. called atv addiction they had 15 pair in stock extremely nice guy. they will be at my door by next weekend.

AtvMxRider
05-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Yeah I think your whole problem was with the company you ordered them from.

desertratt45
05-16-2003, 01:17 PM
apologe excepted ! i know we are a bit behind on production right now but we are tring. we're running 2 shifts just to try and get a handle on things. who had you ordered your nerfs from origanaly? we have a couple of dealers on credit hold right now.
it seems like every one waited to order all there stuff at once. at the frist part of the year we where running out of stuff to do, then all of a sudden all he// broke lose and we where swamped with orders. its been crazy at work let me tell you!

copracer522
05-16-2003, 01:56 PM
As soon as the company post a credit to my visa I will tell ya who they are, Again I apologize. The company was constantly putting the blame on you guys (AC).

racerx573
05-16-2003, 02:23 PM
I can tell you that AC has been EXTREMELY backed up. They ship the stuff as it gets made. I am still waiting on a bumper I ordered in March or so. I am calling Monday about it. I Just got my nerfs like 2 1/2 weeks ago, that I ordered at the same time.

Scottydawg
05-16-2003, 04:07 PM
I want know who you bought from.
The transaction should not have been posted on
your card till the goods shipped.

:confused2

quadrcr87
05-18-2003, 04:21 PM
i ordered 5 parts from ac in late feb and got the last part a couple of weeks ago it was worth the wait their parts are sweet

lil400exman
05-19-2003, 04:08 AM
yes they are killa weet.................;) hey desert ratt send out my stickers yet?:devil

desertratt45
05-19-2003, 02:16 PM
i gave your address to the guys in the office but obviusly you havent gotten them yet so get me your address again and i'll personally make sure they get out to you.

TeamC&GRacer
05-20-2003, 12:12 AM
yeah ac has cycles with its parts. They just dotn have departments that make certain parts for certain bikes. Say 1 month they will make the ac nerfs and the next they will make grab bars, then the next they will make bumpers. Thats how they stock up, and when stuff gets low people have to wait till the next cycle comes around. I know its a pain, i waited for a grab abr forever

QuadJunkies
05-20-2003, 06:21 AM
I know they have been pumping out alot of nerfs for the Predator since Pro Armor is re-desiging theres gives AC a chance to score on alot of orders:D ..Im on bakc order for my Pro Armor but Im not waiting much longer....:grr Glad you got your Ac's!:cool:

AndrewRRR
05-20-2003, 06:36 AM
I ordered my Pro Pegs from ATV Addiction, I think it took a week to get them.

QuadJunkies
05-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
I ordered my Pro Pegs from ATV Addiction, I think it took a week to get them. Hey Andrew, I got my seat cover back from Cascade Innovations. Im glad you posted about them they did a really nice job! I love it:cool:

copracer522
05-20-2003, 10:03 AM
As I said before, the company that I ordered them from 2 months ago kept making excuses, and even charged my credit card when they knew that they had no nerf bars in stock. Everytime I called them (the mail order company) they put the blame on AC. I got no beef with AC, and I think that their parts are great. I ordered them from ATV ADDICTION on saturday and they will be at my door this thursday.

marksuttonjr
05-20-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm not very happy with AC either, but it is not because of their services through other companies. It is because their products are JUNK. I broke a brand new AC grab bar with a wheelie gone bad, and several of my friends have broken AC bumpers. These parts SHOULD be strong enough to handle some abuse because they are on the quad to protect other items. They don't protect anything if they break the first time that you need them.

anywhereEx
05-20-2003, 11:25 AM
I was not there when anything broke so I will not speculate in any way. Just keep in mind that they are designed with some "give" and a breaking point so that they give right before something else gives, bends, or breaks.

Dave400ex
05-20-2003, 11:30 AM
My bumper seems to be holding up just fine and I have hit many things. Now my Swingarm skid is a different story, but with XC Racing that is expected. I will be getting a Heavy Duty one soon I can tell...

marksuttonjr
05-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Well the grab bar broke when a burnout when bad so it hit pavement prety hard. 2 of the front bumpers are different stories. 1 broke when a friend hit a 2" dia. pine tree that didn't even slow the quad down and another bumper broke when the quad hit an elictrical fence post ( these are onlu 1/4" diameter steel bars if you don't know what an electrical fence post looks like). I think that both of these bumpers should have held up. Thee are 3 other bumpers that were broken in fairly hard crashes.

Dave400ex
05-20-2003, 01:51 PM
You guys must of got a batch of bad bumpers because I have hit some big trees with mine and it's not even bent.

DaveEX7
05-20-2003, 02:25 PM
My friend broke a Pro Peg Nerf Bar while in a race:rolleyes: .

I ordered all my parts from Dennis Kirk, and they had everything here in 4 days.:huh

TRFOXX
05-20-2003, 02:44 PM
I've had pretty good luck with AC's stuff. I bought my nerfs through ATV Addiction also and I had them within a week.

marksuttonjr
05-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
You guys must of got a batch of bad bumpers because I have hit some big trees with mine and it's not even bent.

I never thaught about that. The bumpers were all ordered by one of the quad shops in this area at the same time so they were probably manufactured at the same time. Maybe they had a batch of alloy that wasn't quite what it should have been and that caused the problem.
I can understand why the grab bar and the only bumper that broke other than the ones ordered at that time broke.

Chef
05-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Yea, I'm betting that the alloy was bad. I hate metals like that...when you buy a large batch, something is bound to have an imperfection.

My first AC bumper was very strong. Didn't line up perfect, but it was strong as all hell. I hit a guy with a Duncan head on, and his Duncan bent back to his upper a-arm, and bent his sway bar, krinkled the bumper up. Mine broke off two bolts, bent the bumper up about 3 inches and back like an inch, the bolt that was still left on top ripped through teh aluminum for an inch, and the bumper wedged itself between the a-arm bolts and the frame....:eek2:

The broken one is on the left.

Dave400ex
05-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Yeah I bet you guys just got a bad set of bumpers. Did you ever try contacting AC and seeing what they could do for you?

DaveEX7
05-26-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Yeah I bet you guys just got a bad set of bumpers. Did you ever try contacting AC and seeing what they could do for you?

My friend and I were riden this past weekend and he had him AC bumper on, and I guess he wasnt watchin where he was goin and he ran into a small tree haha...... his while bumper bent like plastic.

AndrewRRR
05-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85
My friend and I were riden this past weekend and he had him AC bumper on, and I guess he wasnt watchin where he was goin and he ran into a small tree haha...... his while bumper bent like plastic.

Mine has held up really well, but I'm pretty good about not running into things. lol.
I'd rather bend a $60 bumper than a $2000 frame ;)

DaveEX7
05-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Mine has held up really well, but I'm pretty good about not running into things. lol.
I'd rather bend a $60 bumper than a $2000 frame ;)

Forgot to mention that he bent the front part of his frame..... its hard to miss those 20 foot high trees.

JHF219
05-28-2003, 06:00 AM
i just seen this post but im going to tell you guys this im standing behind AC 100% i have all of thier stuff on my R and my Shee and i have yet to have a failure of any sort !!