PDA

View Full Version : All you Pismo guys

Str8Wicked
05-16-2003, 09:24 AM
OK how large is Pismo (compared to Glamis), is it worth the trip from Los Angeles.. Also I've heard people say you gotta reserve a spot ahead to camp there. Is this true or can I just roll up and camp where ever the hell I want. Me and the homies are planning a large trip out there in maybe mid-late June... Also hows the weather around this time of year.... Any certain rules or is it basically like Glamis where you can do basically what you want as long as you ain't being a dumbasss and stay out of the rangers way..........

Dune Surfer
05-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey Str8t,
pismo is MUCH smaller than Glamis. Fun though, def worth the trip. Think a cross between cantomar and glamis. You can reserve canping at Reserve America .com I'm going the 24th, come along

SAND LUVR
05-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Hey str8wicked, Pismo is not near the size og glamis but its alot cooler temp wise. Its worth the trip and I have never reserved a spot only on a big weekend other than that you can just roll on in.

Str8Wicked
05-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Dune Surfer, if you mean the 24th of this month I can't.. I'm ahving my bro in laws Bachlor part that weekend. His wedding is the next weekend, and than June 6-7 I'm taking the Avi to Vegas for a Truckin Nationals.. June 19th, DUB Magazine is flying me to Florida to do truck judging again for there show out there.

I figure I'll have a free weekend towards the end of June... We were planning to go up 4th of July but Ozzfest is that weekend....... Damn my calendar is getting full.....

310Rduner
05-17-2003, 04:23 PM
it will be worth the trip for you sicne its only 3 hours from you.

it doesnt compary to glamis, after riding in pismo for like 4 years i finally went to glamis, and it was like "o Shiat its HUGE".

you can cover most of pismo in about 2 hours, especially with the seasonal closures right now. its always fun on a busy weekend.

right now the weather was semi-crappy last weekend.
the sun/ weather was great, but because its summer the wind is starting to pick up pretty good in the afternoons.

deffinately worth the trip tho.

D-4our
05-17-2003, 04:45 PM
:cool:...

D-4our
05-17-2003, 04:49 PM
weather is basically the same year round, all I can say is bring a jacket cause it gets cold... ah and theres always a party on friday nights sometimes saturday nights too...ya might wanna check those out.:cool:

AFTERMARKET
05-18-2003, 09:17 PM
STR8
Are you planning on taking your AVI? If so make sure you clean it well before you go then clean it better before you make the drive back to LA. I will go to pismo but not with my stuff! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Here is a pict of my friends truck in Pismo. Oh BTW its for sale if you know anyone that wants a HD duramax Lifted 12"
http://www.deepsand.net/albums/Truck_tow-rig_Gallery/hdpismo.jpg

http://www.deepsand.net/albums/Truck_tow-rig_Gallery/hdpismo8.jpg

Glamis400ex
05-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Are there any noise restrictions? :eek: Aftermarket....are you saying the salty sand will eat your chit up if not handled properly?

Glamis

300exTJjeeper
05-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Wicked

SO I have a story about our weekened in Glamis and Pismo in 5 days.

I'm at school right now, But I'll give you guys full details about the 2 trips in 5 days.

Got plenty of pictures they will be up later on in the week.

William

Dune Surfer
05-19-2003, 02:19 PM
No noise restrictions. And yes it will eat your chit if you don't wash your quad. You don't want to ride on the beach in the salt water. To be careful you can spray your quad down with wd40 before you go:)

AFTERMARKET
05-19-2003, 04:04 PM
What He said ^^^^^^^^^^^
Jon had to sell his trailer because it was getten torn up in the salt and dragging it to pismo.

300exTJjeeper
05-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
No noise restrictions. And yes it will eat your chit if you don't wash your quad. You don't want to ride on the beach in the salt water. To be careful you can spray your quad down with wd40 before you go:)

Umm the noise restriction is a must. My buddy got stop and was told by the ranger to put the stock slip-on back on. But he let him go with just a warning.

Also that your flags have to be excatly 8 ft from the ground when your on the quad or bike, he also got warned for that.

Also the speed limit on the BEACH no the dunes is 15mph. not 5th geared pinned.

I will be up and running for a Pismo run anything after 2 weeks, that place rocks, you can have just as much fun as Glamis but in a smaller area.

William

lilpoppy
06-13-2003, 02:03 PM
I have been running a spark's x-6 for a while now and I have never even been looked at for my noise level. I have passed rangers countless times and nothing. I really don't think they care but the beach speed limit is deffinatly true. You will get a ticket in a second if you are speeding.