PDA

View Full Version : My 400 at the drag strip

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 07:32 AM
Just wanted to tell you guys about the races this weekend. This is the first weekend I have been able to take my quad to the strip to see what it could do. All I have on my bike is a Yoshi full system and jet kit performance wise. I havent got a chance to put the big bore kit and HRC cam on it yet. Well first I raced a stock raptor, I came off the line a bike length and a half ahead and stayed that way the whole strip. then I raced another stock raptor. got him good on the line but 4th he pulled away about a bike length. next i raced a raptor with a pipe and jetted. He left me at the line and pretty much stayed that way. Next I raced a raptor piped jetted with big bore. i got him on the line all 3 races against each other but come 4th gear all I could see was his dust. I raced a 400EX with a 416 kit and he pulled me bottom and top. Also i raced a banshee about 4 times. I got him 2 bike lengths off the line every time but same thing come 4th gear. I was very surprised how well my 400 would hang just jetted and piped. i dont understand why I can get such a good jump on everyboby then 4th gear they just pass me. Why is this??? the only ones I stayed ahead of was the ATC 350, one of the the stock raptors, DS 650 Baja. A 250R dirtbike and 3 400EXs. I cant wait to get that big bore put on!!

MikeL250X
12-31-2001, 07:36 AM
Just curious how many feet is the track you race at is?

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 07:39 AM
I remember everybody saying it was too long. Longer than they usually are. I think 500 feet.

12-31-2001, 08:12 AM
You beat a Baja DS 650 and a 250 dirt bike in a drag race?

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 08:43 AM
Yeap. i beat the Baja 650 3 times and the 250R dirtbike 2 times. I think the guy on the bike didnt know how to ride I guess. The guy on the Baja said he didnt want to get on it because he just got through working on it, but we seen him later at the dust bowl hittin his rev limiter over and over. he was making excuses. i did get beat a DS 650 that had a cam and lots of other stuff on it.

Winged Warrior
12-31-2001, 09:00 AM
500ft is too long !!around here std is 150 or 300ft.are you running 20" rears with 15 tooth front sprocket? if so i think this is best for long drags.

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 09:24 AM
Right now I have the 15 tooth front with 18inch turf tamers. These tires suck for dragging. But I was getting good off the line. But they spin a LOT. I think maybe because they are small Is why im loosing so bad on top end. I guess I need some 20's. I have heard stock tires are the best????

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Winged Warrior
me at a drag:p

What??

Winged Warrior
12-31-2001, 09:33 AM
Same setup i use ,18' tamers 15 front but on much shorter strip

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 09:37 AM
Do you like the tamers. I dont think they are very good for dragging. What do you think? At first I would sit in the hole and just spin but once the start got dug down to harder dirt I got excellent take off.

stevengates45
12-31-2001, 09:48 AM
I've found that tammers, razrs, & holeshots spin too much. The only tire I found that hooks really well is Ohtsu Pro Wedge 2. (Just a tip)

stevengates45
12-31-2001, 09:49 AM
For people that run their 400's in 300ft, what are your times???

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 09:55 AM
We didnt time. i was riding with a guy that has a highly modded Raptor and he has some pro wedges. He took them off and said the stock Raptor tires hooked better. I do know a lot of people that use the pro wedges and like them.

Winged Warrior
12-31-2001, 10:01 AM
I dump it wideopen in2nd gear but with the tamers you must have your weight in the right spot or you will sit and spin! kind of a guessing game .:huh

ChadEXer
12-31-2001, 10:06 AM
I did the same thing. One time I would sit and spin and the next time I would pop up and the next time I would take off. It was hard to do the same thing twice

wyndzer
12-31-2001, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by stevengates45
For people that run their 400's in 300ft, what are your times???
I was running 5.2's on a loose clay track.

yellow_ho_01
12-31-2001, 10:38 AM
if you were running 20" rears, you would have done better for the 500ft, i think that i would choose a 14T and 22" tires,
the fastest thing i ever had/ riden was my CR500, i took the stock gearing from like 13/51, to 15/43, MAN what a ride, i just couldn't ride on trails much. 1st gear it would go like 25mph, checked by the speedo's on my dads 'yota, AND my moms grand-am. i had the whole thing setup pretty good, it had wisco .080 over pro-lite, ported/polished, the retard that plained the head for me, plained it too much, so i had 2 base gaskets( to my surprize it never leaked) I ran 110oct fuel, had enough power to leave a huge burn-out patch, starting in gravel, 1st gear, it would lay a patch about 30ft long, shift into 2nd leaving another patch all the way to third, and about a 10ft long mark going into third,( no, i did not hold the front brake) I MISS THAT BIKE SO MUCH!!

12-31-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by yellow_ho_01
it had wisco .080 over pro-lite, ported/polished, the retard that plained the head for me, plained it too much, so i had 2 base gaskets( to my surprize it never leaked) I ran 110oct fuel, had enough power to leave a huge burn-out patch, starting in gravel, 1st gear, it would lay a patch about 30ft long, shift into 2nd leaving another patch all the way to third, and about a 10ft long mark going into third,( no, i did not hold the front brake) I MISS THAT BIKE SO MUCH!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

stevengates45
12-31-2001, 12:20 PM
my neighbor has got a banshee that u can powerbreak & not have to use the break. this thing is super fast.

Sandragggen
01-05-2002, 02:38 AM
In 300' pure sand (wetted) stock tires..5.8's with my big *****.

01-09-2002, 01:25 AM
i like to do break torques on my 400ex some times.i guess it gets boring in the sticks. i had a set of extra warrior tires so i put them on and did a 2 min. break torque for fun. I hop this explains how board i get

TrX465
01-09-2002, 01:40 PM
i only go up hill, in the sand ;)

stevengates45
01-09-2002, 03:12 PM
I know you cant see this pic that good, but anyway, this bike had a CR500 motor on it. He took out off of the line for his first pass on that bike ever & his wheelie bar was bent to the right & when it caught the dirt his throttle stuck & slung him into the gard rail. He did a superman over the rail sortof.haha. It twisted the frame & the right a-arm all up. agian though, u cant see it good at all in this pic. he was ok though.

http://frontpage.telapex.com/~dbgates/wreck1.jpg

http://frontpage.telapex.com/~dbgates/wreck2.jpg

Chef
01-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by TrX465
i only go up hill, in the sand ;)

Same here, but I guess I could get a time up comp hill in winchester, last time we were there it was about 350 feet tall, and about \ steep, and a tad bit steeper for about 15 feet at the top.

Sleeping Catfish
01-16-2002, 02:13 PM
no piped 400 is beating a raptor, and a DS650 would KILL KILL KILL KILL a 400ex. i like the 400 but i know you are talkin' smack.

"BLAHH"300!!
01-16-2002, 02:35 PM
.....i got a freind...400ex "cobra" exhaut k&n filter with inserts
stock airbox....and no other mods...other than nerfs and a 6pac rack...stock carb jetts.....eat a raptor up in 4 out of 5 racces...on one race where he lost he thought he started in 2nd and really he was in 3rd......and the guy on the raptor was a good rider...but had stock everything exept holeshots and a 6pac rack....

Sleeping Catfish
01-16-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by EX-CITING 300
.....i got a freind...400ex "cobra" exhaut k&n filter with inserts
stock airbox....and no other mods...other than nerfs and a 6pac rack...stock carb jetts.....eat a raptor up in 4 out of 5 racces...on one race where he lost he thought he started in 2nd and really he was in 3rd......and the guy on the raptor was a good rider...but had stock everything exept holeshots and a 6pac rack....

here we go again...:rolleyes:

ChadEXer
01-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Hey dude dont start flaming me. Were you there? Im just telling the way things happened. I havent been known to lie. You on the other hand............ Maybe it was the rider maybe it was the situation. I have no reason to lie. I am very happy with my 400 wether its the fastest bike on earth or the slowest. I ve read all the BS you have posted in the past and said nothin to you. Dont make another enemy.

Sleeping Catfish
01-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Hey dude dont start flaming me. Were you there? Im just telling the way things happened. I havent been known to lie. You on the other hand............ Maybe it was the rider maybe it was the situation. I have no reason to lie. I am very happy with my 400 wether its the fastest bike on earth or the slowest. I ve read all the BS you have posted in the past and said nothin to you. Dont make another enemy.

my cannibal slayed my friends 400 off the line and it just got worse so mine must be able to kill a raptor...

ChadEXer
01-16-2002, 04:07 PM
I wouldnt doubt that it would. Line up with one and see. Im not much of a Raptor fan even though my good friend has one that is bored to the max and wins every drag race every weekend. But also every weekend he has something break. Last weekend it was his transmission. The week before his clutch went out. I think they will be a very good bike though when Yamahamer gets the bugs out!!

ChadEXer
01-16-2002, 04:10 PM
My saying is that whatever bike a person owns, it is the best possible. Even if it is a Eton 40 Little Rascal(Thats what my little girl has and she believes theres not a better bike made!!!!!)

"BLAHH"300!!
01-16-2002, 05:13 PM
i remember my lil' trx 70..was king of the hill around here for a long time.......

"SLEEPING CRACKFISH".....WHAT SERVER DO YOU USE TO GET HERE...WHATS YOU SCREEN NAME ON THAT SERVER?

I THINK WE'VE TALKED BEFORE ON ANOTHER SERVER ABOUT SOME THINGS

Chef
01-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Sleeping Catfish

my cannibal slayed my friends 400 off the line and it just got worse so mine must be able to kill a raptor...

You should know that it would kill a raptor, since you allegedly (sp?) saw one beat a piped/filtered/jetted raptor...:huh

Sleeping Catfish
01-16-2002, 09:17 PM
but i never raced it...

"BLAHH"300!!
01-16-2002, 10:25 PM
the 400 or your c-dale...
'....if you smoked a 400 off the line and kept on walking away from it through out the race with it..then you should be able to out run a raptor...a 400 and a raptor will hang together in 1st and 2nd then the 660 leaves in 3rd...or atleast thats the way it's been with the 400's and 660's i've seen race

im'a catch alota debris for sayin' that arn't i

Sleeping Catfish
01-17-2002, 07:46 AM
the 12:5:1 comp. keeps the cannibal ahead in 1st and 2nd. that thing has the best throttle responce.

MOFO
01-17-2002, 09:33 AM
the 12:5:1 comp. keeps the cannibal ahead in 1st and 2nd. that thing has the best throttle responce.

ROFL! Do you understand the internal combustion engine at all?!?! Your starting to make me laugh when you talk about motors....you cant be serious...

Eric

Scott
01-17-2002, 09:34 AM
S/C You have no understanding what so ever as to how an engine works, do you? Please enlighten us with your wisdom, how exactly the compression ratio benefits throttle response?

I guess everyone that has been trying to improve the intake and exhaust flow on their bikes and porting the heads should have just saved their money and bought a high compression piston, huh catfish?

Is it your goal in life to try to ruin as many threads as possible?

Can I ask you a favor? How about on your future posts, if you can't contribute any useful information, you try to at least be entertaining, not irritating. I know the two words sound similar, but they have completely different meanings.

I don't want to argue with you kid, but come on! How much fun can it possibly be to know everyone you interact with on here dislikes you? Isn't it about time for a change?

Evan
01-17-2002, 10:04 AM
Now hes lying about racing a raptor, in another thread he said he raced a raptor and he choked off and still beat the raptor :rolleyes: . S/C if your gonna lie at least make it good. All of your lies catch up with you sooner or later. We know you you dont have a cannondale, so beat it.
S/C if your so bad I sure would like to meet you, first I got this track behind my house I would stomp a mudhole and ride thru you on an MX track with my 400EX then we can go to my dragstrip and I will blow your doors off with my 250R then I will hook to you with my Scrambler 400 4x4 and drag your ***** thru a mudhole. If you can talk BS so can I.

Now is the time for the mods to step in and delete his account like mcgrathsucks.

This ignore feature kinda works but still when I go to a site hes posted on I can see what yall say he is saying and it pi$$es me off.

ChadEXer
01-17-2002, 10:15 AM
I have read all the BS he has posted in the past and Ive never said nothing to him or nothing about him then he wants to come on here and start flaming me. Im a very nice person but you keep ******* with me and you will be a Dead Crackfish

01-17-2002, 10:34 AM
You didn't hear this from me but I think his days are just about numbered. Pay no attention to the member name,,I'm just a friend of Rico's using his computer giving you guys an update..:D

Scott
01-17-2002, 10:38 AM
And hapiness spread through out the land while cheers of joy could be heard from the masses...

Sleeping Catfish
01-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by X-Rider
Now hes lying about racing a raptor, in another thread he said he raced a raptor and he choked off and still beat the raptor :rolleyes: . S/C if your gonna lie at least make it good. All of your lies catch up with you sooner or later. We know you you dont have a cannondale, so beat it.
S/C if your so bad I sure would like to meet you, first I got this track behind my house I would stomp a mudhole and ride thru you on an MX track with my 400EX then we can go to my dragstrip and I will blow your doors off with my 250R then I will hook to you with my Scrambler 400 4x4 and drag your ***** thru a mudhole. If you can talk BS so can I.

Now is the time for the mods to step in and delete his account like mcgrathsucks.

This ignore feature kinda works but still when I go to a site hes posted on I can see what yall say he is saying and it pi$$es me off.

stop changing things i say. i said the dealer raced the raptor. you think you are some great lawyer or something...LoL...can't stop laughing...:D :D :D

Sleeping Catfish
01-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
I have read all the BS he has posted in the past and Ive never said nothing to him or nothing about him then he wants to come on here and start flaming me. Im a very nice person but you keep ******* with me and you will be a Dead Crackfish

you guys are so pissed cause i won't admit the stock 400 will hold a 432cc, fuel injected quad with a 12:5:1 comp till 4th gear. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. a 440ex will not beat a raptor in a straight line but it will kill it on the mx. i would say a 440ex would be dead even with a cdale on the mx track but the cdale would beat it in a drag.

Chef
01-17-2002, 08:12 PM

you guys are so pissed cause i won't admit the stock 400 will hold a 432cc, fuel injected quad with a 12:5:1 comp till 4th gear. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. a 440ex will not beat a raptor in a straight line but it will kill it on the mx. i would say a 440ex would be dead even with a cdale on the mx track but the cdale would beat it in a drag.

Here it goes again with your ignorance...

Do you understand that a 440EX doesnt have one definition? Before I stroked my quad, it was a 440. But its a totally different thing from say Crday98's 440..(no offense crday, but you know what I mean) my 440 would rip apart a raptor without a problem. There is a big difference between just an IMS 440 kit, without a cam or anything, and a 11.5:1 compression, oversive valves, wild cam and alky. You obviously are dumber than I thought before...

Sleeping Catfish
01-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by HOTT440EX

Here it goes again with your ignorance...

Do you understand that a 440EX doesnt have one definition? Before I stroked my quad, it was a 440. But its a totally different thing from say Crday98's 440..(no offense crday, but you know what I mean) my 440 would rip apart a raptor without a problem. There is a big difference between just an IMS 440 kit, without a cam or anything, and a 11.5:1 compression, oversive valves, wild cam and alky. You obviously are dumber than I thought before...

what? i understand your $15000 quad will rip my $6000 cdale a new *******! my cdale will still beat the "standard" 440ex. what was that all about?:confused:

Chef
01-17-2002, 08:42 PM
just the way you said it sounded like you meant all 440's were the same, I'll try to stay off it next time..:D

Sleeping Catfish
01-17-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by HOTT440EX
just the way you said it sounded like you meant all 440's were the same, I'll try to stay off it next time..:D

sorry, i read that other responce about x-riders quad and mine and thought you were going on a cdale bashing.

Evan
01-17-2002, 09:52 PM

stop changing things i say. i said the dealer raced the raptor. you think you are some great lawyer or something...LoL...can't stop laughing...:D :D :D

AHEM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleeping Catfish
ask exrules, we drag raced (i was on a cannibal, but i hear a piped 660r is almost as fast)and i stalled out and he got a perfect start(he has a pipe). i put mine in third and flew by him. it was not even close. the second i saw this happen my respect for you went down to nothing...but i still like your shocks.[QUOTE]

Another lie give it up LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I cant stop laughing

This is all you will see of me

beerock
01-17-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Scott
S/C You have no understanding what so ever as to how an engine works, do you? Please enlighten us with your wisdom, how exactly the compression ratio benefits throttle response?

Scott, it does give a better throttle response and more low end power.

it takes away from the high end though.

Higher compression is also harder on the crank and rod.

JUST MY OPINION BUT

I think races should go on until your pinned in 5th or 6th gear depending on what bike you have.

who ever is in front is the winner.

thats how you can tell whos bike is fastest.
because even if you get a bad start but your bike is the fastest it will show in a wide open race!!!!!!!

THE 250r will beat all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!