PDA

View Full Version : bogging problm

jarred15801
05-16-2003, 07:56 AM
when i give my fourwheeler WOT it starts to bog and if id hold it there it stall. so i let it out an give it quarter throttle and then it starts goin but rigth when i shift and give it WOT again it sstarst to bo for a second then gets going

i just put new air filter on it and i need to know what it is

cals400ex
05-16-2003, 12:03 PM
what kind of bike is it? whats the plug look like? dirty carb? is it jetted correctly?

AtvMxRider
05-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
what kind of bike is it? whats the plug look like? dirty carb? is it jetted correctly?

Yeah it would help if you gave us more details about the bike.

Paul400ex2002
05-16-2003, 01:02 PM
take the plug out of the bowl of the carb and make sure there isn't anything in there. I had a problem with that before... But it was like in bumps and stuff...

jarred15801
05-17-2003, 02:44 AM
the bike im talking about is yamaha moto4 its a 200cc

i put a new spark plug in it about a week ago and it ran fine until then and for a few days after but nowits boggin and backfires alot. the spark plug is a dark black

jarred15801
05-17-2003, 03:53 AM
i think i figuerded it out now

if the overflow for the carb is clogged up would that be my problem. becasue gas normaly drips out of it but its nnot dripping now and i think thered somthing stuck in it

05-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by jarred15801
i think i figuerded it out now

if the overflow for the carb is clogged up would that be my problem. becasue gas normaly drips out of it but its nnot dripping now and i think thered somthing stuck in it

Sounds like you got more problems than just a clogged vent tube, but that can be part of it also.

If it usually dumps fuel out the vent then you may also have both a dirty circuit in the carb and the float levels set to high.

Clean and check out that carb and see what you find

jarred15801
05-19-2003, 05:07 AM
allright i clened out my carb liek you said and i rained the gas tank and cleaned the airbox and tooka apart the pecok and the whole carb to clean it

i endend up with a bout 2 gallons of muddy gas,stones,leaves,and clumps of dirt.

i put it all back together and is runnin good bu it bos at a different time now .it bogs when i slow down to turn sharp or do donuts. and alot of gas now comes out of the overflow tube. any ideas how i fix that??

05-19-2003, 10:11 PM
If it usually dumps fuel out the vent then you may also have both a dirty circuit in the carb and the float levels set to high.