PDA

View Full Version : jumping

400EXrider#91
05-16-2003, 07:28 AM
i know when you jump when you wanna bring the front end down you tap the rear brakes. why doesn't the pro use the front cuz it is easyer cuz you don't have to use the clucth(sp). i use my front brakes and it works fine. just wandering why people do that

QuadTrix6
05-16-2003, 11:11 AM
i think tapping the back might have a more severe affect

proquad_20
05-19-2003, 08:18 AM
tapping front brake in the air...... hmm i dont understand :macho

monkeyboy
05-19-2003, 08:40 AM
my braks dont werk on da tecotty:( slapnutz ussed da brake linz as ti downz fer hiz beeer coooler on himz truk:mad: :scary:

proquad_20
05-19-2003, 08:44 AM
note to self : dont do drugs :confused2

JabberJaw
05-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
my braks dont werk on da tecotty:( slapnutz ussed da brake linz as ti downz fer hiz beeer coooler on himz truk:mad: :scary:

I no zackly wut u mean.

AAAirbooorn
05-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Ja, me too,I use da braak linz to suck da juice frum da gas tnk wen I gut nuttin to drinkk on da trale.:eek2: :eek:

Sick0
05-19-2003, 03:20 PM
The use the rear brake for one because the the rear wheels have a lot more mass to them and are also rotate a lot fast than the front. When you hit the brakes, theres a lot force to stop them from spinning. The brake grab, and the force from the tire trys to rotate the whole quad. Since the the mass of the quad is a lot more than just the tires and the fact the quad ain't spining, the quad only rotates alittle.

The front tires won't have nearly the same force to rotate the rest of the quad.

flyin#5
05-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by proquad_20
note to self : dont do drugs :confused2

lmao.

and sick0 is right

proquad_20
05-19-2003, 03:59 PM
stomping the rear brake in the air compresses the rear shock wich will push the rear of the bike up,,, lowering the front end. I doubt grabing the front brake in the air will do anything but enhance a superb goon style landing. :bandit:

Sick0
05-20-2003, 11:04 AM
The rear shock has nothing to do with the reason the front goes down. I ride BMX bikes and I do the same thing to get myh front down in a ryrtheme section.

proquad_20
05-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Sick0 The rear shock has nothing to do with the reason the front goes down.

youve got to be kidding me lol,,, there is a reason the pro quads and bikes hit the rear brake, and yes it compresses the rear shock when you abruptly stop your rear wheel in the air.... but thats cool, do what you want

Sick0
05-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by proquad_20
Sick0 The rear shock has nothing to do with the reason the front goes down.

youve got to be kidding me lol,,, there is a reason the pro quads and bikes hit the rear brake, and yes it compresses the rear shock when you abruptly stop your rear wheel in the air.... but thats cool, do what you want

I think you misunderstand me. I know they use it , i use if I need to get the front end down when I jump. All I was staying is the shock compressing has nothting to do with the front end going down. Now Thats I think about it, the shock would absorb the shock of the brakes stoping the wheels and some of the force drives the frontend. So the the shock would not help in getting the frontend but it, the rear shock would make the it less effective in getting the frontend down.

400EXrider#91
05-21-2003, 08:58 AM
the front works, just not as good as the back...but when land i always land hard with the back end,i get on the trottle and everything

Sick0
05-21-2003, 09:07 AM
I would think you need to learn how to jump flater in the first place. its soulds like you have all you weight on the back even with front down a little you will still have a ruogh landing.

r_racer_167mo
05-21-2003, 09:25 AM
ill have to stand beside proquad_20. when you have all the force of the tires going around and you instantly stop that force, its gunna put the front down.
is it nuetons(sp?)law...for every action there is a equal and opisite(sp?)reaction.
it might work a lil bit to hit the front brakes, but when and if i need to im grabing the clutch and hittin the rear brake.

just adding my .02