PDA

View Full Version : Reinforcement Rings???

Pvt. Maggot
05-16-2003, 05:45 AM
Can these be put on stock rims? also how do you put them on? just weld them on the outside of the rim? please someone post some pics of some. and how much would they cost?

UglyMotha™
05-16-2003, 06:13 AM
these are mine i trumphed them out and then tigged them to the rim, these are the stockers too

Pvt. Maggot
05-16-2003, 06:21 AM
they don't look like they would do anything? i want some that are like beadlocks that overlap the tire a little bit? do they make those? like these

UglyMotha™
05-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
they don't look like they would do anything? i want some that are like beadlocks that overlap the tire a little bit? do they make those? like these

:huh whaaa:confused:

it's either a reinforced rim or a bead lock there's no in between the picture you posted is the exact same thing as mine a bead lock bolts down and actually squeezes the bead of the tire, you can't do that with a reinforcement ring

the ring isn't there to do anything for the tire it's purpose is to keep the rim from flat spotting if you can't see it doin nothing than your looking at it wrong

toby400ex
05-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Reienforcement rings keep you from gettin flat spots, why would they need to over lap the tire. :confused:

dirtmomma
05-16-2003, 10:18 AM
The guy I bought my 300 from had these done for it. He did so when he bumped tires or logs or whatever it doesn't bash the rim in. This pic isn't the best & a little muddy but you can see them ok, I personally am getting some mudd caps cuz they fill up w/ major dirt.

Pvt. Maggot
05-16-2003, 01:39 PM
i always thought they were like beadlocks..my bad...guess i'll be saving for beadlocks.

AtvMxRider
05-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
[B
the ring isn't there to do anything for the tire it's purpose is to keep the rim from flat spotting if you can't see it doin nothing than your looking at it wrong [/B]

UglyMotha™
05-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
i always thought they were like beadlocks..my bad...guess i'll be saving for beadlocks.

why do you have a problem with running the tire off the rim if not it's just a waste of money:p

EvilJester400EX
05-16-2003, 05:51 PM
How much do race rings usually cost? Not the rim, just the rings.

UglyMotha™
05-17-2003, 10:15 AM
I believe they go for 22 or 24 bucks a pop ask c&d they carry them:o