PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this fraud on the internet!!!!!!!!

heavy_d
05-16-2003, 03:33 AM
This is what they were just talking about on the news about people trying to cash their certified cashier's check from Nigeria which is in Africa and they were no good.

Here is a letter i received just now for the atv i'm selling, i reported it to the FBI:

Hello,
My name is Ralph Benrick,i saw your ad 1987 Suzuki 230 Quad Sport when i was browsing through.
I'm really interested in buying your 1987 Suzuki 230 Quad Sport for $1400,and my method of payment is a certified cashier's check that is drawn from a united
states bank,and or at a near by cashing store centre around you.
I'll also like to know if you do shipping to the Republic of South Africa,and if you can't I will contact a shipping agent of mine that will handle that as soon as the transaction is deal,he arranges for my shipping arrangement.
I'll be expecting your mail soonest.if really you are very interested.
You can send the pics if available.
Looking forward to your reply positively..
Best of Regards,
Ralph Benrick....

05-16-2003, 04:55 AM
exact same thing happened to me & the check was fake as hell...you caopuld tell....I called the company in san fran who owned the check & they said it was a fake & if I tried to catch it i'd be arrested. I did'nt understand the scam at all b/c I talked to the guy in algeria & he said to call him back as soon as the cash cleared & he would tell the shipping agent to come by my house when i was here. That means he was sorta honest...I've heard of this same scam like 30 times from other people after it happened to me but I don't understand how it works. how does it work?

heavy_d
05-16-2003, 09:32 AM
i don't remember the exact details on the news, but my first post is all i know