PDA

View Full Version : 250R forums anybody??

goinhonda
05-15-2003, 12:20 PM
do any of you guys know of any good 250R forums that i can visit?im looking into getting one and need to learn about them!thanks

Glow Plug
05-15-2003, 12:21 PM
www.rriders.com

or right here :)

goinhonda
05-15-2003, 12:27 PM
im just trying to learn the basics about them.i know nothing about 2 strokes.i got 4 strokes down good tho.anyway here are some questions to start with:
1.how often do you have to rebuild them?i mainly ride on the weekends
2.do the require alot of matinence?aside from the basics
3.is there anything that i should look out for when buying one?
4.are there good trail machines/jumpers?
5.about what is the stock top speed of a R?
how good is the bottom end on the R's?
6.what horsepower/torque do they have stock?
thanks alot for those who answer these stupid questions.

tants
05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by goinhonda
im just trying to learn the basics about them.i know nothing about 2 strokes.i got 4 strokes down good tho.anyway here are some questions to start with:
1.how often do you have to rebuild them?i mainly ride on the weekends
thanks alot for those who answer these stupid questions.

www.rriders.com ;)

Ben
05-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Do a search on here for all of your answers - we have the best base of 250r knowledge of any website, hands down :)

tants
05-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Do a search on here for all of your answers - we have the best base of 250r knowledge of any website, hands down :)

wonder why its called EXriders then ;)

Ben
05-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by tants
wonder why its called EXriders then ;)

Just starting a knock-off site called dirtbikeriders.com doesn't make it the foremost authority on dirtbikes. Thumpertalk is the 4 stroke dirtbike authority and we are the Honda sport quad authority - be it a 400ex, 300ex, 250r, etc. A name does not make a successful website ;) We have always catered to 250r riders and are very happy to have them frequent this site :D

tants
05-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Just starting a knock-off site called dirtbikeriders.com doesn't make it the foremost authority on dirtbikes. Thumpertalk is the 4 stroke dirtbike authority and we are the Honda sport quad authority - be it a 400ex, 300ex, 250r, etc. A name does not make a successful website ;) We have always catered to 250r riders and are very happy to have them frequent this site :D

in order words, you love me ;)

mikealexander88
05-15-2003, 03:26 PM
http://pub103.ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r
and rriders.com
i can help answer some questons
1.how often do you have to rebuild them?i mainly ride on the weekends-
prabily once every 1-2 years if you playride.
not really, i did more on my 300ex
make sure it has good compression and there are no bent rims or other obvious problems with them
they can jump awesome, just don't jump in low throttle
i think mine does about 75
a r will kill a 400ex and with a pipoe and rad valve and a few more things will kill a raptor, and it handles the best out of any quad out there.
not sure on this, alot more than a 4-stroke thoe. and they respond to mods awesome so a little goes a long way.

alias
05-15-2003, 04:45 PM
I'd say hit as many boards as you can, this one the . ..ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r forum posted above and R riders.

They are all good. :devil

marksuttonjr
05-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by alias
I'd say hit as many boards as you can, this one the . ..ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r forum posted above and R riders.

They are all good. :devil

Both sites mentioned by alias are good sources of info about 250R's.

lil400exman
05-19-2003, 05:25 AM
or me......................i am not a site but i have studied them forever...........and now i am building my very own............;) :cool:

adam250r
05-19-2003, 07:31 AM
For pure technical information, www.macdizzy.com, is hands down the best R site. You will need to register and get on the message board, then run a search for whatever you want to know. It will definitely be there! Many of the top motor builders belong to that site. All of your motor ?s are covered in great detail in the site. For less technical info and setups/hopups, this is the best.