PDA

View Full Version : header coatings ??

jgray
05-15-2003, 08:56 AM
I am getting a used 300ex WB header and silencer. What are my options to painting or coating them. I would like to hear all options. i don'r have much to any to spend, so the cheaper the better..

thanks
Jason

4TraxRider
05-15-2003, 09:24 AM
Just leave it the stock color, but if you must, high temp black spray would probably work, but not that well. It will eventually burn off or rub off.

JD400exrider
05-15-2003, 06:56 PM
I had my Power Bomb header done at Jet Hot. Nice silver color Will not burn off and header runs cooler. I think it was like 75 bucks. It looks cool. :D
There is another company that does it also for a little cheeper. Basicly the same thing. I forget the name of the company, however a few guys on here have used them.
I got the tip from Rico.

Do a search on the net HP coatings

Good Luck

JForestZ34
05-16-2003, 02:45 AM
I had my header ceramic coated on a camaro I used to have. It almost gave it that chrome look, very good looking and let me tell you boy did it reduce the under hood temp. I forgot where I got it done at, I think it was somewhere in conn. I was thinking of doing that to mine, I have to look into it thou.

James

Pappy
05-16-2003, 02:57 AM
i can get the headers jet coated for $45 plus return shipping. i have had about 15 of them done last month...they do awesome work:p

Zingnut
05-16-2003, 03:00 AM
I had my stock muffler done for I think it was $60 total with shipping.
I think it was like $45 for the coating guarantied not to stain or discolor or they will coat it for free. The color on the pipe is Polished Aluminum. Pic doesn't do it justice. Its almost a mirror finish and I have put it through the most nasty red clay mud that was around and still holding true color and no chipping of flaking. Highly recommend it to anyone.

HP Coatings webpage (http://www.hpcoatings.com/)

http://www.zingnut.com/Pics/Wheeler/hpcoat.jpg

Dave400ex
05-16-2003, 03:39 AM
Pappy how much would a set of 400ex headers with my TC mid-pipe cost to have done?

JD400exrider
05-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Very Good price Pappy.
You guys should jump on that one. ;)

Pappy
05-16-2003, 02:01 PM
lol i dunno what they would charge for the complete pipe....ive only had headpipes done. they charge me $45 so thats what i tell people. i believe they charge by the foot so i assume it wouldbe around 85 or 90 for a complete exhaust.

i keep a stock headpipe here thats done and if someone is in a hurry they can do an exchange once i examine the incoming pipe.