PDA

View Full Version : My baby survived the storm!

dhines
05-15-2003, 02:51 AM
We had a little run in with a tonado here a few days ago that really tore things up a bit. It came though around 3:30 am and ended up nearly destroying my garage. Needless to say the first thing I checked on was my ride (the heck with the wife and child!). Sure was glad to see her nestled up in there safe and sound!

dhines
05-15-2003, 02:52 AM
The garage...

dhines
05-15-2003, 02:53 AM
And there she is - tucked up in there - didn't even get wet!

anywhereEx
05-15-2003, 02:54 AM
Now get out there and tear some chit up:D

in all honesty it is good to hear that not much of yours got messed up and everything that you care about is safe

lil400exman
05-15-2003, 02:55 AM
behind the bike? or is it the bike?:huh

ZRacer
05-15-2003, 03:00 AM
I see it behind the bike. You have to look closely to see the headlight covers and handlebars, then its outline starts to appear.

Where do you live?

Did you make it to Rausch Creek.

anywhereEx
05-15-2003, 03:01 AM
Looks like them plastic shelves are the only thing holding the garage up on that side:eek2:

lil400exman
05-15-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by ZRacer
I see it behind the bike. You have to look closely to see the headlight covers and handlebars, then its outline starts to appear.

Where do you live?

Did you make it to Rausch Creek.
ohhh yea............................:eek2: good storm........................:cool:

CHAUNCY
05-15-2003, 03:30 AM
You could add on to the garage now. You got a good excuse;)

dhines
05-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Yeah, that's her - hidden behind the bike. I'm honestly not sure what's holding the roof up at this point - you can't see it in the picture but the entire structure is leaning forward about 4 or 5 feet. I've since braced it with some lumber so I could move everything out, but it is a complete loss. Time for a new garage, which isn't a bad thing I guess since that one is from the early 1900's and only had a gravel floor. I'm seeing a nice new 2 story garage with an office/party loft upstairs :cool: .

The worst thing about it all is losing so many big trees. They'll never come back in my life time... We also had some damage to the house - mainly the roof and we were without power for a few days. All things considered it could have been much worse. We were fortunate.

Zracer - wut up? I'm in Middle Tennessee - near Nashville. No, I didn't make it to Rausch - I couldn't get off work on Friday and didn't feel like making the 14 hour drive that night. The old man was there though and managed to pull out another victory!

cudaman
05-15-2003, 04:13 AM
i just dont understand how you guys can deal with that. i mean the worst thing here is earthquakes but that hardly ever happens. btw do you hvae like house insurance so when a tornado comes and jacks up your house you dont ahve to pay?? or does it come out of your pocket??:eek2:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-15-2003, 04:16 AM
Glad to see that you and the family are OK.. I have never been close to tornados and I never want to be..

07-29-2003, 03:27 AM
when i was in 4th grade, we had a tornado come through here in burlington and it sent a tree limb through the classroom window and right by my head:eek2: and only missed by about 6 in. the limb was about 4 1/2 foot long and 4 or 5 in. thick:eek2: so if it were to nail me in the head, it would have took my head off:eek2: . i just dont see why it couldnt have threw the limb at the guy next to me and hit him:D (me and him never did get along)

Pappy
07-29-2003, 03:34 AM
dayummm.....glad to see the damage was minmal and noone was injured:D if ya need assistance let me know...every dolla helps:macho

Tommy 17
07-29-2003, 03:40 AM
pappy look at the dates... it was 2 months ago lmfao...

it was b4 the rausch gncc:eek:

Pappy
07-29-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
pappy look at the dates... it was 2 months ago lmfao...

it was b4 the rausch gncc:eek:

:grr: oh well my offer still stands:p but how did i miss it back then...lmfao

JUSTINcredible
07-29-2003, 06:42 AM
we had a tornado go just to the north of us a little more than a month ago and we got strait line winds from the backside of the storm that the weather guy guessed were around 110mph. It looked like thos pictures do all around town.. not many buildings were damaged besides a few ppls garages and alot of ppl had broken windows from trees and branches.... the next town down the road about 15 miles was really small and is next to being nothing now

dhines
07-29-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
:grr: oh well my offer still stands:p but how did i miss it back then...lmfao

Heh, thanks for the offer, Pappy, but I think we've got it under control.

It has been a while now but we still haven't gotten everything fixed. We've already received a settlement from the insurance company but we're still waiting for the contractors to get off their butts and get started on rebuilding stuff. :mad: There are so few contractors around who do what they say they'll do, when they say they'll do it - I'm considering starting my own company!!!

Anyway, at least my machine made it through. It's just been tough not having a place to work on it... :mad:

Thanks again,

Dennis

CowsBitePeople
07-29-2003, 07:09 AM
where do you keep it now??

dhines
07-29-2003, 07:13 AM
It stayed outside chained up under a tarp for a month or so, but now it's over at my dad's. It's better off over there in his garage, but now I have to drive an hour away just to get to my machine.

:(

07-29-2003, 08:22 AM
another forum i brought back up. im just glad to have my head. i would have lost it if i hadnt have ducked:eek2:

One_Bad_400
07-29-2003, 09:37 AM
you got the storm to i live near memphis TN. glad to know your babys alright

monkeyboy
07-29-2003, 10:01 AM
didd u takk u babeee 2 da dokter:confused:

mommma ussed 2 takk me darre alll da timz win i wuz a babee boyy cuzz i wuz sikk all da timmz:(

Bill Fuller
07-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
didd u takk u babeee 2 da dokter:confused:

mommma ussed 2 takk me darre alll da timz win i wuz a babee boyy cuzz i wuz sikk all da timmz:( Must have affected your ability to spell you dumchit.:devil:

310Rduner
07-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Must have affected your ability to spell you dumchit.:devil:

u izz on the liss nowez i hinks

Rip_Tear
07-29-2003, 02:24 PM
Wow (I know its late, don't worry Pappy, I missed this one too!) that is crazy! I find it kinda funny people "worring" about tree's, around here we just say screw it, there are too many trees! You were lucky with the garage not just caving right in though!

07-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Must have affected your ability to spell you dumchit.:devil: :D