PDA

View Full Version : HONDA RELATED... Kinda OT PLEASE HELP

tahoe97
05-14-2003, 05:54 PM
I am considering buying just as something else to tinker with and i love HONDA's of course,, Well what i was thinking about buying is his 95 honda 250 Nighthawk.. Its a 4 stroke has 2 spark plugs its not a 4 twin but its like 2 side by side cylendars... I am just thinking about geting it because its MINT and he only wants 1000 bucks and its just something i could tinker with..

Of course there are not going to be aftermarket parts for it but could you do obvious things like we do here on exriders... Like could you grind the header welds???

Could you modify the pipes if so how?? Like if they have spark arrestors take them out or cut them out or just drill holes in the end of the pipe because there is a tiny one..

Also could you modify the airbox like but uni filter vents in them.. ALso if you know if anything else could be done..
any info would be apreiciated..

"BLAHH"300!!
05-14-2003, 07:43 PM
if it were me, and it really was MINT, or pretty close to it, i'd buy it, then sell it for profit.
if you want some you know you'll enjoy tinkering with, use that money to buy it. i'd look for a run down 250R with good parts
you could prolly sale the bike for more than 1000, so use the extra money for parts on the new project quad.

...but that's me.

i'd leave a nice street bike like it is.xcept the normal filter,pipe jet mods.