PDA

View Full Version : Spacers on quadrate Elka SSD's

Sandgod4
05-14-2003, 05:20 PM
My Elkas are to harsh on the landings of jumps. I called Elka and they said to take the middle spacer and turn it over. I guess it's gonna transfer the load sooner to the main spring. It took 20 minutes to take shocks off, then apart, and back on quad. Very simple. What can I expect on my landings. Mx was worse. it was jarring my wrists..

05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Swapping the spacers over is a first try thing they allways suggest, but see how it works and go from there.

This will make the suspension "stiffer" by transfering to the lower springs sooner as you said but will only effect bottoming resistance slightly, and will also raise your ride height if there was any sag in the main springs.

I am no pro at this but it is a lot of trial and error, and especially if you dont know the proper ways to measure what length and rate springs you need etc.

Sandgod4
05-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Well flipping the middle spacer made a little improvement. They said now go ahead and flip the bottom spacer. They think my main spring is to stiff. They are sending me main springs at n/c. Very good I'd say for having these shocks for a year..

pane2k
05-15-2003, 02:01 PM
yeah theyre valving must be a little off i guess...

05-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
Well flipping the middle spacer made a little improvement. They said now go ahead and flip the bottom spacer. They think my main spring is to stiff. They are sending me main springs at n/c. Very good I'd say for having these shocks for a year..

Elka is good that way and has been excelent with me also.

Changing the main spring (on mine) on the rear made a big diff not only in the way the rear rides but the overall ride as well.

Keep at it you will get it right.