PDA

View Full Version : 250EX exhuast purchase questions

12-30-2001, 05:42 PM
Hey,

I am plan to purchase a exhaust for my 250EX. I would also like to jet it and modify air flow. If I had my choice I would choose mid to high end gains. Here are my questions!

1. Do I need a headpipe or is the 250EX stock headpipe good?
2. Which slip-on works best on the 250EX? What is the price on a graydon?
3. If I need a new headpipe which complete system is best?
4. Is the DG Big-O Xcellerator complete system good?

Thanks in advance.
Bad-Day

trickex250
11-27-2002, 12:35 PM
the graydon slip on costs abotu 260 and the full system is around 360-380. it is a good exhaust. u dont have to have a header but it will help mostly with top end. the graydon is steped which means it gets bigger as it goes back for more air flow. the stocker is alot narrower.

nacs400ex
11-27-2002, 03:28 PM
I would choose a White Bros. full system.

redroost85
11-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Bad-day,

I have an 01 250ex and I put the complete DG Xcelerator system on mine. I got the muffler and mid-pipe for $200. I thought why pay like $200 some for a slip on, when you can have the whole deal. I also put a k&n filter and outerwear, as well as rejet the carb and it has worked wonders. Of course I still think I need more power, but given the rev limiter, this is working out ok. I can't speak about graydon or anything else, but this package has worked for me.

Sportrax10
11-27-2002, 06:09 PM
i have heard good things about a t4 pipe

Honda2003
11-27-2002, 07:34 PM
redroost85 that DG Xcelerator sounds like the one i'm looking at getting for my 250. is it all chrome? how do you like it? i'm looking at getting pipes, jetted , and K&N or UNI filter in the spring. gonna wait till spring to do it all so i don't have to do it twice.

cowmoo32
12-08-2002, 07:32 PM
I just got a complete DG X-cellerator along w/ a K&N air filter and jet kit and it is awesome. Sounds great. For those of you who have or plan to get anything other than stock size tires for your 250ex..........did you (or are you planning on getting) get rims as well? B/c anything other than 22/10's will slip on the rims.

Honda2003
12-08-2002, 08:17 PM
cowmoo32- you talking to me? i was gonna get new rims also. thinking about some ITP .190's with reinforcment ring's and some xcr holeshots or Turf Tamers. may go with the turf's instead. all i do is trail ride anyway.

2fastandfurious
12-08-2002, 08:28 PM
GO WITH THE ITP packages at jlatv!!!! My black waters and hole shots ROCK! I love them. The rims are nice too. I wish knew of reinforc. rings that fit it. Have um?
-Ben

cowmoo32
12-09-2002, 04:39 PM
No, I was just saying to anyone in general. If you are going to get new rims as well, thats fine, but if you got different sized tires, like 21/10's, they fit (sort of), but they can slip off.

redroost85
12-09-2002, 05:41 PM
Honda2003, I have the complete Xcellerator on mine without the spark arrester (it was like another $50!). The muffler is (I think) a brushed stainless steel with a chrome tip. The pipe is chrome too I think. Of course, after you run it a little bit, the pipe will blue some and I have some other discolorations to my pipe, but that was my own fault. Also, before you put the new pipe on, make sure that you replace the brass crush washer that fits just inside the block where the pipe goes. Otherwise exhaust will leak out and your pipe will be black and your EX will run not too good. I also put a K&N with outerwear on at the same time, so I only had to rejet once. This package gave my EX a lot more pep, but I am always looking for more! For the money, I thought this would be the best route to go, if I had more $$, sure I would go with the White Bros.
Also, for all the other 250EX riders out there. Have you had (have) any experience with the aftermarket rubber...specifically on the 250? Also what size are you running and why? I think I am going to keep my stock rims (I am getting them powder coated!), but I need new rubber. Thanks in advance guys!

Honda2003
12-09-2002, 05:56 PM
redroost85--- i'm gonna take it to the dealer and have them put the pipe on and rejet it. i just don't want to mess with it. i don't know the first thing about adjusting a carb. have you ever heard of this company? here's a link to a 250ex piston kit. http://www.powroll.com/honda_trx250ex.htm

redroost85
12-09-2002, 06:35 PM
2003, I haven't heard of Powroll, but that sounds pretty badazz! It is difficult to find performance stuff for the 250ex. I do some mx and a little trail riding, but I like flying over stuff! I enjoy my 250 because not many (as much as 300 or 400's) have them and I am pimping mine out pretty good. As soon as I get some more $$, I would like to start working on the motor. I have also heard that some company makes an extended swingarm for the 250!

Honda2003
12-09-2002, 07:01 PM
redroost--- if you find the link to the swing arm send it to me. most of the stuff i'm gonna do to mine is just for looks. i don't plan on racing it.