PDA

View Full Version : WTF Ebay

anywhereEx
05-14-2003, 12:17 PM
For those on here that are regular ebay buyers/shoppers you might want to beware and stay on top of changing your password. Today when I got to work I checked my email to find out that I had purchased a $3650.00 item. First thing that came to mind was WTF:mad: . I have changed my password and sent a lengthy e-mail to the seller trying to resolve this without either of us getting screwed. Stay on top of your crap and clear your cookies or you may be in a situation like me.

On top of this I have had other multiple problems with item on ebay here latley. Like a miltiple item auction similar to what Burguard does where the buyer selects how many he wants and it just takes it off of the quanity. Well someone brought 1 of 4 and gets notices that he has won all 4 for the price of one:huh Luckily he had sence to email me before just expecting all 4.

Pappy
05-14-2003, 12:25 PM
i sold a part the other day...the auction said USA only...the buyers addy was in GREECE:huh so being the nice guy that i am i sent him shipping costs...$127.00;) so tuesday at work....i get a call from the buyer....he responded to a ebay request to update his info....big mistake for him:mad: the scammer ordered thousands of dollars of stuff on his account:eek: he didnt catch it until sellers started b!tching at him for the overseas bidding. ebay has it fixed for him......but becareful....it could be YOU next

bongwater200
05-14-2003, 02:25 PM
I also had some problems recently..... most likely caused by Ebay or Paypal. It seems someone got ahold of my credit card information and went on a lengthy internet shopping spree. Then, shortly after, I started getting notices from Ebay and Paypal about my account being accessed fraudulently. Me thinkst they need to work on their security a bit! Paypal is the ONLY place I have ever had my credit card info online, so you know full well that it was caused by them!