PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Laker Custom

Ben
05-14-2003, 11:56 AM
I see that Laker Custom has just registered on here. They make the killer carbon fiber look-a-like plastic that is going on the Project 400ex. It is just so trick - see it here (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58140)! :D Welcome Kalani :)

Ben

phatswinn
05-14-2003, 12:13 PM
that looks mint

AZblaster44
05-14-2003, 12:13 PM
I look at it and all I can say is SWEEEET:D When I'm ready to put plastic on the race bike I hope to have done by this time next year those will definataly be an option:blah

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the site.. and thank you for taking the time today a telling me about your product ;) I just wish I didn't have new plastic already :(

tants
05-14-2003, 12:30 PM
welcome

sweet300ex
05-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the site! I love the plastic!

AtvMxRider
05-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
Welcome to the site! I love the plastic!

Fred55
05-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Those plastics are AWESOME!!! I was on their site, and look what I found a pic of! Check out the shee on the left!

CHAUNCY
05-14-2003, 01:33 PM
I love the plastic:)

05-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Oh boy are you in for a treat on this site......:devil

Welcome and don't forget to leave your shoes at the door and keep your feet off the furniture...:D

Pappy
05-14-2003, 01:39 PM
welcome to the site....ya got $20 you could spot me:confused: :D

JHF219
05-14-2003, 01:41 PM
holy mother did everyone see that clear plastic? dang im going to get some of that !! the 400 with the nose made mouth drop !!

BTW Welcome !!

Rip_Tear
05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
WOW, I love clear plastic, but its really only good for show, mine would get so scratched up. The carbon look is awsome! Welcome to the site!

Guy400
05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Welcome! The plastics look great!

anywhereEx
05-14-2003, 02:36 PM
*cough*cough*dale plastics?*cough*cough

:D

p@iNn3ck
05-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Welcome.....and anytime you need someone to test out some of that clear plastic (regular OR race cut) let me know.... maybe do a comparison of aerodynamic qualities..... or an essay on the coolness of it.

TRXMaddness
05-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by anywhereEx

Dustin you probably don't even have any scratches on your C-dale yet. What are you needing new plastics for already?:rolleyes:

anywhereEx
05-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Chit it might be gone anyway:D 2 down 5 to go:eek:

lil400exman
05-14-2003, 03:48 PM
i never got a price on the site.....................i cant afford it right now cause i cant even afford maier!:eek: but i would liek to know a price so i can save up..............;)

LAKER Custom
05-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the warm welcome. We have been watching this site for some time now and there are a great bunch of people here. We are really excited about this new venture. I just felt it was about time to give back to the quad community. We want to offer the highest quality products we possibly can.
I'm gonna try to answer a few of the questions in this htread, here goes:

Silverfox-just cuz you have new plastic doesn't mean you can't have a set of trick LAKER plastics :)

Rico- I'm hawaiian, bro, my fiance would kill me if I wore shoes in the house, shoot, we hardly even wear shoes back home on the island

Rip_tear- not true, we've been developing a clear plastic which your can actually buff out the scratches, should be available towards the end of the year

anywhereEX- Cannondale? In time my friend, we have your back

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome,
Kalani Laker
www.lakercustom.com

lil400exman
05-15-2003, 03:05 AM
could you give me ballpark figures for a front and rear set? and also how east would it be to mount number plates on 250r rear fender from you?:confused:

dirtmomma
05-15-2003, 03:46 AM
Welcome Kalani!!!! Just thought I would let everyone know that I emailed Kalani yesterday w/ a request & she emailed me very fast w/ a YES answer!!!! I think this company is going to be good to deal w/ as soon as they get the pink plastics done LOL LOL :macho

Pappy
05-15-2003, 03:53 AM
how well does the clear hold up? i think it would look awesome over a colorful frame:)

XANDADA
05-15-2003, 03:56 AM
Welcome Laker, good to see fresh ideas and new features. Just out of curiousity, are your plastics thermo or injection. Dirtmomma, I think Kalani is a guy, no? I have a buddy named Kalani from the islands as well.

dirtmomma
05-15-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
Welcome Laker, good to see fresh ideas and new features. Just out of curiousity, are your plastics thermo or injection. Dirtmomma, I think Kalani is a guy, no? I have a buddy named Kalani from the islands as well.

OOOPPPSSSSS SORRY ya know I didn't even think about that LOL LOL well my mistake if HE is, thats just for all the times I was called a guy & dirtymomma hahahaha:o :D :D

exriderdude
05-15-2003, 04:16 AM
it would be sweet if they made a clear hood scoop, you can actually use that, and it would be sweet lookin, i highly doubt anyone would use the clear plasic for racin:confused2

LAKER Custom
05-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Hey everyone,

As of right now, we have access to a couple of types of clears. We have been testing them all and each of them have merits and flaws. Hopefully, within a month or so, we will be ready to release our full line of quad fenders in a clear and a smoke-tint plastic.
To everyone asking for prices, our website will be updated this weekend. Also, we want to give a discount to exriders.com members. I will keep everyone informed.

Thank you,
Kalani Laker
www.lakercustom.com

Doibugu2
05-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by LAKER Custom
Hey everyone,

As of right now, we have access to a couple of types of clears. We have been testing them all and each of them have merits and flaws. Hopefully, within a month or so, we will be ready to release our full line of quad fenders in a clear and a smoke-tint plastic.
To everyone asking for prices, our website will be updated this weekend. Also, we want to give a discount to exriders.com members. I will keep everyone informed.

Thank you,
Kalani Laker
www.lakercustom.com

Hey if you need someone to test the durability of the clear, I'm your man. I can beat the helll out of plastic with the best of them.

Also, how does your fit compared to the other brands. Some people have complained how stuff lined up.

Knight440
05-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by anywhereEx

:rolleyes:
A black that would last would be a good start :(

Welcome and your product looks great!

Natertot426ex
05-15-2003, 08:26 AM
I just thought of a cool thing you could do with the clear plastics. You could do a paint job on the inside part of them and if the tops got scratches the paint wouldn't because it is on the back side. You could do all types of things for designs. What do you all think?

Ryan
05-15-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by LAKER Custom
www.lakercustom.com

Man does this site offer alot :D .

Welcome to the site.

CUZ'n
05-15-2003, 10:52 AM
u guyz offer dat specal plastiics fer harly sporters??