PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stem Buyers Guide!!!

Sparks425Ex
05-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Ok Guys. I am in the market for a new Stem. I remeber a thread like this about a arms and then one about swing arms and let me tell ya they were great threads.(Just about every make and model of all diff kinds of stuff)

So lets see those Stems.

Post a pic:

Tell what Kind it is:

What you Like and Dislike about it:

I am looking at an RPM and Houser right now....

flying400ex
05-14-2003, 02:51 AM
I got a Houser steering stem. It is pretty nice the steering got a little bit stiffer but not to bad. I really like the anti vibe. The bars flewx forward and back to so I bet it helps a bit when the quad rolls to prevent bars from bending so easy. The stem looks really nice powdercoated red. There was no downsides to it except my steeing was ab bit stiff, its almost like haveing a steering damper. I give the stem a 9.5 out of 10. the other stems i have not tried yet.

05-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Meszaro motorsports stem...cost was well below all others and quality is great....

Most stems are made the same..just be careful that you don't pay an extra $100 for the fancy sticker with the companies name on it...:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
05-14-2003, 12:23 PM
I got a Arens Anti-Vibe Stem for $190 and from what I have seen they are just as nice, if not nicer then most of the others out there. I highly suggest getting the Arens...

JD400exrider
05-14-2003, 02:02 PM
I have the burgard Anti-Vibe Stem. Quality looks good. Have not installed it yet.

oynot400
05-14-2003, 02:18 PM
I bought a LSR stem from Mity Mo. I wish I would of gotten it a long time ago. I don't see how anyone can ride with an antivibe stem of any sorts. :confused:
I don't see how much different there is in most of these stems. Find a good deal on one and get it. :)

muff
05-14-2003, 02:25 PM
I have a burgard antivibe stem and its awesome except for one big problem, the bottom on the antivibe clamps knick my gas tank when my gas tank cover is off

if its for a 400ex just get a +1 and you'll be all set, the antivibe is great and the quality of the burgard stem is good, got it for $215

holeshot19
05-14-2003, 02:56 PM
i know its pricey but the great guys and gals at pro part had it and a gpr dampener so i got them both. the thing i want a houser since i had the rest of johns parts on my bike but at the time they wernt chromeing anything. but gpr is funny about the brackets the make for atv stems. what i can understand they worked with roll and came up with the brackets. but them stering dampner outshines the the stem.

bmw500hp
05-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Holeshot...

You definitely have a "high dollar" combo...tell a little about it..wondering just how good the GPR's are ? :confused: was it worth the beans ?

holeshot19
05-14-2003, 03:25 PM
im not a expert but they have a good product. i wanted one but when i talked to santo dersi about them he said getting the brackets for them were like pulling teeth from a tiger. but what i understand they made them 4 dirtbikes first but some quad quys got ahold of them. now the problem is everone had differnt stem heights and like +1 and +1 and such that they dont like fooling with them but one nite i was typing on this web site about them and trish at pro parts had one in stock but no bracket. so three weeks later i got it the day before i left to go to the fl gncc race . well worth the wait.

bmw500hp
05-14-2003, 03:33 PM
thanks man! ya, heard the setup is a little tricky but when it's right it's incred!

Sparks425Ex
05-15-2003, 12:14 PM
So lets see the pics guys...

I think I might go with either Laeger or Arens because they have the mounts for the Steering Dampers....

Post some Pics...