PDA

View Full Version : 250ex/Big Gun

honda270ex
05-13-2003, 11:42 PM
ok I put on my big gun silencer/tail pipe today and i noticed that it did not connect fully to the stock header. so i took off the header and put it in the connection between the tailpipe and te header. I used the stock peice to lock it down because i lost my big gun one and when i put everything back on it was leaking a tiny bit of air between the two connections. Now i was wondering if i could run it for like a month like this without damage. it does not backfire, it just sputters down after a high rev. I ride maybe7 hours a week some times less and sometimes more. i just need to know this. thanx

honda270ex
05-13-2003, 11:47 PM
I went in the post "300ex backfires" and they seem to be having the same problem except one of the kids used heat tape to connect his header and silencer. well i was wondering if this would work and where could i get some heat tape.thanx

250EXking
05-16-2003, 01:07 PM
my e-series does the same thing with the header. but when you put the seal ring on, mine had a little gap but none leaks out and it runs fine. you shouldnt have any problems.